Application for Non B Visa

Hello,

I did take a quick look using the search function and I have checked out thai immigration page (from what I can find it only outlines the documents required). I now have in hand all my docs from my employer, contract, letter of offer, along with all other papers. I am currently on a tourist which expires on the 29th this month. I am planning to head out to Lao tomorrow.

I have been told I need to exit Thailand to get changed over onto and re-enter with my newly obtained non b visa is this correct? Or can I simply head to immigration bureau?

Thanks again for the information.

Edited by Neurotic Trader

15 minutes ago, Neurotic Trader said:

I have been told I need to exit Thailand to get changed over onto and re-enter with my newly obtained non b visa is this correct? Or can I simply head to immigration bureau?

Usually, people find it easiest to get a single entry Non B at a consulate outside Thailand, use that to complete the work permit application, and subsequently apply for a long term extension of stay based on working. It is possible to do a conversion to a Non B entry at an immigration office in Thailand, but the supporting documents are much more complex than those needed for the Non B visa at a consulate outside Thailand.

2 hours ago, Neurotic Trader said:

The question is are all my documents in order? I have my original transcripts and parchment, thai police clearance, and documents from the school. Which are all in thai so I have no way in knowing however, assuming they are what's required.

Not sure then....

What did your employer advise you to do?

42 minutes ago, Neurotic Trader said:

My friend did it on his last day. Not to sure how it works maybe it depends on who you see.

They are strict on the 15 days since the application has to be approved by a higher ranking officer than those that are normally in a immigration office. Without the 15 days remaining a person could be on an overstay waiting on the approval.

Perhaps it was the last day of his 60 day entry and they did the 30 day extension of it on the same day.