single entry non o visa

Hi, I have a single entry non o issued Dec 14 at Liverpool, I was on retirement visa then changed to a marriage visa in 2016.

I might have to go back to the uk on March next year for 4 to 5 months, my extension needs to be renewed on the 30th March next year, since 2014 I have not left Thailand so never had a re-entry, would be grateful for advice on what would be the best plan,

Thanks.

Apply for an extension of stay based on marriage in February, as early as the immigration office will allow. Once the extension is granted, get a single re-entry permit to keep your new permission to stay until 30 March 2019 valid for your return to Thailand.

F.y.i. I notice when you write that you are referring to VISA all the time, but i believe that you are actually are having EXTENSIONS OF STAY BASED ON,,, firstly on retirement than changed to marriage....

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

You could try and get your extension of stay completed before you leave for your trip.

If not you could get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage before you return at the embassy in London and then apply for an extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa.

Most offices, the major ones at least, will let you apply for the extension up to 45 days early. The rest is 30 days. Your problem may be the '30 day under consideration' period that requires you to be in the country at the end of the 30 days. As suggested already, if renewing your extension before you leave isn't possible, just get a new non 'O' visa from the UK before returning and start the extension process again. You can apply by post to the London Embassy and your passport/visa should be back within one week.

39 minutes ago, glegolo said:

F.y.i. I notice when you write that you are referring to VISA all the time, but i believe that you are actually are having EXTENSIONS OF STAY BASED ON,,, firstly on retirement than changed to marriage....

glegolo

Yes, Sorry extension