Any Recommendation

linglop

Propose to visit the national park near Buri Ram shortly and interested if any of you guys have a recommendation for a hotel in Buri Ram centre?

Many thanks

Yes....the Vongthong Hotel (the Thai people pronounce it as Wongtong). Entering Burirum from Nang Rong, pass the Taweekit Supermarket on the left hand side, cross over a railway track and turn left at the next set of traffic lights. After about 150 metres, turn left again into Soi Vongthong and the hotel is in the soi on the right hand side. The room rate is about 600 baht per night. The hotel has a good restaurant just to the right of the entrance, complete with some live entertainment (keyboard player and singer). There is also a karaoke room if that interests you!!

What's the national park that you intend to visit? I presume it's Phrasat Hin Kao Phanom Rung. It's an ancient Khmer temple and not really a park. However it's spectacular in its setting and well worth a visit. The other nearby temple is Muang Tam. Interesting in itself but quite different from Phanom Rung. Enjoy your visit.

Also, if your interested in Khmer temples, visit Phimai (between Khorat and Burirum).

[

Yes....the Vongthong Hotel (the Thai people pronounce it as Wongtong). Entering Burirum from Nang Rong, pass the Taweekit Supermarket on the left hand side, cross over a railway track and turn left at the next set of traffic lights. After about 150 metres, turn left again into Soi Vongthong and the hotel is in the soi on the right hand side. The room rate is about 600 baht per night. The hotel has a good restaurant just to the right of the entrance, complete with some live entertainment (keyboard player and singer). There is also a karaoke room if that interests you!!

What's the national park that you intend to visit? I presume it's Phrasat Hin Kao Phanom Rung. It's an ancient Khmer temple and not really a park. However it's spectacular in its setting and well worth a visit. The other nearby temple is Muang Tam. Interesting in itself but quite different from Phanom Rung. Enjoy your visit.

Also, if your interested in Khmer temples, visit Phimai (between Khorat and Burirum).

Many thanks guys, I will take up your recommendation. The temple in which I am interested is Phrasat Hin Kao .... so thanks for the details. I have already visited Pimai and agree it too is well worth a visit. Last site visited was Srisatchanari which is near Sukhothai and that too was worth the effort despite its out of the way location.

Agree the hotel is fine and just had excellent dinner in the hotel restaurant. But beware: first item on menu was "Fried string with peppers". On same menu hotel was offerring "Fried small marine with whatever"

Buri ram has tourist office and picked up some literature including map of the area.

Internet shop directly opposite the Wong Thong Buri Hotel.