Information required for Thai tourist visa

We have received a message from a French agent that the Thai embassy in France requests that for tourist visas a booking confirmation with the address of holiday accommodation with the ID card details of the owner (ie scan front & back), scans of the blue book with ID card and the chanoute front & back with everything countersigned. He sent a copy of a booking made through another agent to show how they did it. We haven't had this with any other guests yet so this is a heads up that maybe some changes are coming for for tourist visa applications and check what the requirements are so there are no delays getting visas for the xmas rush. Our guests were panicking a bit but everything should be ok as they're not due till the middle of January.

This is 2 years that this has been going on with Paris  My experience.......I got a 60 day visa issued on the 30th October, to be used by 29th Jan 2018.

My GH chap sent the following e-mail to my agent in France, to be forwarded to the Embassy.

GH Name

Address (in T'land)

Tel.No.

To the Thai Embassy in Paris

Issue:  Confirm Reservation for .........ME.......

I confirm that ........ME.........has a reservation with........GH name.........from........ to...........

Kind regards

Name

Manager

He doesn't have a letterhead, so it's was on plain paper, but he did stamp it.  He sent it to my agents by fax.

Paris gives me the 'trey bits'.  A pain in the you know what.

I hope the above helps.

I didtell my Gh that they could do the above in Thai and it would be a good idea to find out the right way to talk about the Embassy.  The Royal??????

Paris is now the only  Embassy  in France that deliver visas. They are not easy to deal with at all, and can be very un welcoming. My friends who are British/ German/ Austrian and Swiss are quite happy with their home embassies. I wonder why this is ? 

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Well, just suppose, hypothetically that you changed your mind?  Or that you now initially put down and intend to stay at a hotel.  What would be wrong with  during your trip you change your mind and go to the other place?

What I normally do is, I decide to stay in a hotel booked on booking.com, then i cancel that for free after I get the visa, because I always change my mind and eventually decide to stay in my already rented condo.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gillyflower said:

Think they havebeen closed for several years.

They are still open according to the embassy website. If you look at the page it shows the Monaco consulate as vacant now and that is a recent occurrence.

Ubonjoe, two weeks ago, when I was trying to get a visa, Monaco had closed down end of October. Marseille has been closed for ages, Lyon told me to go to Paris. Paris, being 1000 km from my home, and taking  5 days  to process, I preferred to buy a ticket out to Phnom Penh within the 30 days to content Emirates and immigration if need be. France is a big country and to have only one embassy delivering visas is awkward for us who live far away. Also, they have a reputation for not being very welcoming. 

I just spoke to my agent about this.  She told me that Lyon is still open and has a reputation of being less difficult than Paris.  But in view of what Geisha writes above, it doesn't seem much good.

For years I have come for 4 months, but now Paris won't give me a visa, because of having a  4 month air ticket.   I can only have a 3 month ticket.   They seem to make up the rules as they go along.  I was talking to a chap from Canada.  He doesn't even have to provide a bank statement.

47 minutes ago, Gillyflower said:

I just spoke to my agent about this.  She told me that Lyon is still open and has a reputation of being less difficult than Paris.  But in view of what Geisha writes above, it doesn't seem much good.

You should contact Lyon about the visa. You might get different results.

Not sure about Marseilles being closed since it is still shown on the embassy website. It shows the Monaco consulate as being closed so that indicates they have recently updated the site.