Allardyce agrees deal to become Everton manager - Sky Sports

snoop1130

Allardyce agrees deal to become Everton manager - Sky Sports

2017-11-29T124621Z_1_LYNXMPEDAS114_RTROPTP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-MUN-CRY.JPG

Britain Football Soccer - Manchester United v Crystal Palace - Premier League - Old Trafford - 21/5/17 Sam Allardyce watches the match; Action Images via Reuters / Jason Cairnduff Livepic

(Reuters) - Former England boss Sam Allardyce has agreed a deal to become the manager of Premier League club Everton, Sky Sports reported on Wednesday, citing sources.

Allardyce, 63, stepped in to rescue struggling Crystal Palace from relegation midway through last season but resigned before the start of the current campaign.

He will replace Dutchman Ronald Koeman at Everton.

Everton sacked Koeman last month after a poor start to the season and placed their under-23 coach David Unsworth in temporary charge, but results have not improved and the club are currently one place above the relegation zone.

The Merseysiders, who host fellow strugglers West Ham United on Wednesday, are in 17th place with 12 points from 13 games after three wins, three draws and seven defeats.

(Reporting by Shrivathsa Sridhar in Bengaluru; Editing by Ken Ferris)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-11-29

Just now, Jonnapat said:

This means goodbye to any attractive football at Goodison in the immediate future. Look forward to 9 players behind the ball !!!!!!! 

Good luck to the season ticket holders

The bench won't look very attractive either....that lot would scare babies!:biggrin:

21 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

This means goodbye to any attractive football at Goodison in the immediate future. Look forward to 9 players behind the ball !!!!!!! 

Good luck to the season ticket holders

I disagree. He handles quality players well. At Bolton he rejuvenated Okocha, Djorkaeff, Anelka and plenty others. 

He's only in the job a matter of hours and Rooney gets a hat trick.?

16 minutes ago, champers said:

I disagree. He handles quality players well. At Bolton he rejuvenated Okocha, Djorkaeff, Anelka and plenty others. 

The Rooney hat trick is irrelevant. Past facts are that Allardyce can keep teams up at the expense of any semblance of attractive football which is what supporters of any club go to see

1 hour ago, champers said:

Was he actually in the job? Thought Unsworth was still the man for last night. In my experience all supporters would prefer boring football plus staying up to flair and relegation. Anyway I always said they should have given Koeman more time, he said they would come right.:ph34r: