Progress in Brexit talks has lessened chance of disorderly exit - Reuters poll

webfact

5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

In a way, you're right. I should have written aggregate of exports and imports. That said, it's really simple to get these figures and show that it's you who is writing the nonsense. 

First set of figures is imports.

The second set is exports

I'll leave you to do the arithmetic  Although it's clear you're severely challenged in that department.

Imports

Value Year
Germany $87.60B 2016
China $59.60B 2016
United States $57.13B 2016
Netherlands $46.85B 2016
France $35.78B 2016
Belgium $31.71B 2016
Switzerland $26.61B 2016
Italy $24.21B 2016
Spain $21.74B 2016
Ireland $18.15B 2016
Norway $17.28B 2016
Canada $13.44B 2016
Japan $13.00B 2016
Poland $12.44B 2016
Turkey $12.21B 2016
South Africa $9.79B 2016
India $8.60B 2016
Sweden $8.51B 2016
Hong Kong $7.62B 2016
Czech Republic $7.27B 2016
Australia $7.05B 2016
South Korea $5.95B 2016
Denmark $5.32B 2016
Russia $5.27B 2016
Vietnam $5.08B 2016

Exports:

Value Year
United States $62.33B 2016
Germany $44.24B 2016
France $26.49B 2016
Netherlands $25.80B 2016
Ireland $23.15B 2016
Switzerland $20.02B 2016
China $18.37B 2016
Belgium $15.89B 2016
Italy $13.23B 2016
Spain $13.12B 2016
United Arab Emirates $9.23B 2016
Hong Kong $9.12B 2016
Saudi Arabia $6.70B 2016
Japan $6.48B 2016
Canada $6.30B 2016
Singapore $6.26B 2016
Turkey $6.25B 2016
Sweden $6.23B 2016
South Korea $6.04B 2016
Poland $5.74B 2016
Australia $5.37B 2016
India $4.48B 2016
Norway $4.19B 2016
Russia $3.52B 2016
Denmark $3.40B 2016

Thankyou for confirming why the UK needs to free itself from the EU's economic straitjacket. I assume you can provide evidence that the figures will get better if we stay in the EU?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

No, you're a dressmaker.

I am intrigued as to why anybody would regard dressmaking or indeed any aspect of the fashion industry as an object of derision or amusement. Is it some Northern male throwback conception of an industry that is considered unmanly and therefore unworthy? Somewhat redolent it seems of a redundant culture snarling at a world these guys fails to comprehend.

3 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

I am intrigued as to why anybody would regard dressmaking or indeed any aspect of the fashion industry as an object of derision or amusement. Is it some Northern male throwback conception of an industry that is considered unmanly and therefore unworthy? Somewhat redolent it seems of a redundant culture snarling at a world these guys fails to comprehend.

I wouldn't worry about it too much SW, we will be looking for someone shortly to run up some bunting for our official brexit leaving party, you will always be my first choice. ?

6 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Please use shorter words and simpler sentence structures, remember much of your audience is tabloid readers.

18 minutes ago, vogie said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much SW, we will be looking for someone shortly to run up some bunting for our official brexit leaving party, you will always be my first choice. ?

Maybe you should hang all that bunting on the Irish border posts.

9 hours ago, aright said:

Do you anticipate freedom of movement will be curtailed by building a wall north and south of Calais? Where have heard that one before?

What leverage do you anticipate we will loose, you haven't been great at answering the questions your comments generate.

I can give an example of leverage gained.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/12/02/fishermen-should-land-brexit-benefits/

You're being rather disingenuous again.

Of course one will be able to go Skiing in Lech or visit Florence in the Spring! But you won't necessarily be able to up stumps and go and live, work or retire in Copenhagen.

By being a member of the EU were were able to influence its decision making. As part of that block we have much more leverage on the world stage

There are a myriad of points I could raise but these are EXEMPLARS

As for the fishermen, you're partly correct but they will l.ose their key export markets. The fish will be worse off. Enjoy your cod until the stocks are depleted again....

35 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You're being rather disingenuous again.

Of course one will be able to go Skiing in Lech or visit Florence in the Spring! But you won't necessarily be able to up stumps and go and live, work or retire in Copenhagen.

By being a member of the EU were were able to influence its decision making. As part of that block we have much more leverage on the world stage

There are a myriad of points I could raise but these are EXEMPLARS

As for the fishermen, you're partly correct but they will l.ose their key export markets. The fish will be worse off. Enjoy your cod until the stocks are depleted again....

British influence within the EU has been declining rapidly for years. This will now happen to EU influence, globally. 

6 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Thankyou for confirming why the UK needs to free itself from the EU's economic straitjacket. I assume you can provide evidence that the figures will get better if we stay in the EU?

Theory, practice and common sense say that one should concentrate on the biggest markets and the closest markets and PARTICULARLY THE BIGGEST CLOSEST MARKETS

50 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Theory, practice and common sense say that one should concentrate on the biggest markets and the closest markets and PARTICULARLY THE BIGGEST CLOSEST MARKETS

What theory? What practice? And in your case we can forget about common sense. :smile:

Recently  Trump announced  a 250 bn Trade Deal with China. Can you remind us how close the USA is to China.

As far as concentrating on the biggest markets. Switzerland and Iceland have a trade deal with China, after 40 years does the EU?

A fascist, a racist and a sexist walk into a bar and the barman says "What will it be Mr President?" :smile:

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

https://fullfact.org/europe/british-influence-eu-council-ministers/

Is this unacceptable to you? Why?

The EU does indeed have significant leverage in global matters.... 

I can accept your present quoted percentages if you can acknowledge the historic lack of success in using them. This combined with veto give-aways and QMV made any UK say in the EU a mere whisper. The only significant contribution was cash, which of course the EU takes notice of.

EU leverage is in decline globally, as is the EU itself.