Documents required for Extension based on Retirement - Phuket

Could anyone give us an up to date list of what is required for an extension based on retirement in Phuket. My wife and both have both got our retirement visas in London nearly 2 years ago, and then "extended" these with a multi re-entry stamp just under a year ago, so we are coming up to having to do our first proper extension.

I will have a certificate from the embassy in BKK re income (pension) and my wife will have a letter from her Thai bank confirming the THB 800,000.

We jointly own a condo (foreign freehold) and have the Blue Book, and a letter from the CJP confirming ownership/residence.

My wife's visa is an old passport, but the multi re-entry stamp is in her new passport.

Also, could someone point us in the direction of the current download location of the PDF's/.DOC files for the forms we need.

Thank you very much in advance for any information you can give us.

From the Phuket Immigration Volunteers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retirement extension

Persons who are 50 years old or above and which fulfill the required criteria
are eligible for a 1 year extension based on retirement.

Prerequisite are:

Valid Non-O visa without overstay or valid extension.
Up to date address registration.

Required papers:

Completely filled in TM 7 form.  

Copies from following passport pages:

Detail page
Current visa/extension
All extensions from last Non-O visa or transfer stamp to new passport. (If applicable)
Last entry stamp
TM6 departure card
Passport size picture.

Proof of financial status either:

Letter from Embassy/Consul Certifying over THB 65000 month. (valid 6 months),
Supporting documents of the income may be requested by the immigration officer.
Copy bank book name page. OR
Copy updated Thai bank book name page and last 2/3 months transactions showing at least THB 800.000.
Signed and stamped bank letter AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the money for the required period.
( 2 months first time, 3 months for consecutive extensions and both letters and updated bankbook maximum 7 days old )
Please make sure that all papers have the same balance mentioned OR
Combination of both which combined is at least THB 800.000 a year.

Picture of applicant in front of the house with house number clearly visible.

Hand draw map of the location of the house.

Extension application can be submitted within the last 45 days of the current visa/extension.
If joined account is used (with marriage certificate) only 50% of balance is used.
Only saving or fixed accounts where the money is at any time available are accepted.

8 hours ago, merijn said:

From the Phuket Immigration Volunteers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retirement extension

Persons who are 50 years old or above and which fulfill the required criteria
are eligible for a 1 year extension based on retirement.

Prerequisite are:

Valid Non-O visa without overstay or valid extension.
Up to date address registration.

Required papers:

Completely filled in TM 7 form.  

Copies from following passport pages:

Detail page
Current visa/extension
All extensions from last Non-O visa or transfer stamp to new passport. (If applicable)
Last entry stamp
TM6 departure card
Passport size picture.

Proof of financial status either:

Letter from Embassy/Consul Certifying over THB 65000 month. (valid 6 months),
Supporting documents of the income may be requested by the immigration officer.
Copy bank book name page. OR
Copy updated Thai bank book name page and last 2/3 months transactions showing at least THB 800.000.
Signed and stamped bank letter AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the money for the required period.
( 2 months first time, 3 months for consecutive extensions and both letters and updated bankbook maximum 7 days old )
Please make sure that all papers have the same balance mentioned OR
Combination of both which combined is at least THB 800.000 a year.

Picture of applicant in front of the house with house number clearly visible.

Hand draw map of the location of the house.

Extension application can be submitted within the last 45 days of the current visa/extension.
If joined account is used (with marriage certificate) only 50% of balance is used.
Only saving or fixed accounts where the money is at any time available are accepted.

Thanks very much; exactly what we needed.

Any idea of the current download location for the TM7 PDF or .DOC file and also the form for the multi-re-entry that we will need once we have the extension?

Thanks again for the info

22 minutes ago, RandG said:

Any idea of the current download location for the TM7 PDF or .DOC file and also the form for the multi-re-entry that we will need once we have the extension?

Package of fillable forms linked together. Fill out one and it will complete the others. BlankFillableFormsPackageTM7-Overstay-TM8-TM47-TM30 (1).pdf

Be sure and print the TM7 and TM8 forms 2 sided.

The checklist above is correct.  I successfully extended my retirement Visa this AM.  The only thing missing in the list was a waiver form that the Immigration guy handed me on arrival.  He told me not to bother copying it because it will be different next year.  I think I recall them saying the same thing last year. LOL.

Yes, still the same process that asks you to bring a photo and then takes a picture of you.:cheesy:

52 minutes ago, Archcan said:

The checklist above is correct.  I successfully extended my retirement Visa this AM.  The only thing missing in the list was a waiver form that the Immigration guy handed me on arrival.  He told me not to bother copying it because it will be different next year.  I think I recall them saying the same thing last year. LOL.

Yes, still the same process that asks you to bring a photo and then takes a picture of you.:cheesy:

Thanks for the confirmation Archan. What is the waiver form for?

• 2 months later...
On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, RandG said:

Thanks UbonJoe

We finally did our extension last week, having just returned to Thailand / Phuket in time. It was a bit busy at the queue for the address registration, although even then only took perhaps 15 minutes. At the room where we had to go for the retirement extension, an officer standing outside checked our paperwork (British with letter from the embassy to verify income) and German (with letter from a Thai Bank to confirm the THB 800,000) and gave us a number (only 2 in front of us). Quickly went in, another officer went through all the paperwork in detail, stamped our passports and took our money. Someone else took our photographs and gave us a receipt. Next day we went back to collect our passports (in and out in 2 minutes). All very painless. Thanks for everyone's input.

We also went back a day or two later and got our multi re-entry stamp. Really friendly officer. Whole process took 10-15 minutes. 

We have found that a good time to go is about 12:45, while it is closed for lunch. There are perhaps 10 people waiting for address registration/90 day reports/re-entry stamps etc. By 13:00 when the doors open, the queue is quite long again, but we are near the front. For example, we were the first to go to the re-entry stamp desk.

Thanks for everyone's input.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, cleverman said:

For Phuket, IO also wanted a pic of me in front  of my condo door showing the room nr. 

I think if you give this once and the map, they don't ask for it again, maybe after a few times,  did you give one of these photos to Phuket office before or in last visit...? 

20 hours ago, Agusts said:

I think if you give this once and the map, they don't ask for it again, maybe after a few times,  did you give one of these photos to Phuket office before or in last visit...? 

Phuket Imm told me produce everything again for the retirement. Which I did today, they took everything except condo lease contract. And,here's a new one, haven't been asked for for about 10 or so years, copy of credit card., I only copied one side, not the 3 digit nr side. My pp was laid on table for the girl to issue receipt and take my photo. As more people got passed on to her, their pps were put on top of mine. So, I kept moving further and further down the waiting list, so I stood up in front of her until she got the message.