Extension without visa, I not get it any more...

Hello, 

In 30 years, I never had an overstay. Sometimes had visa, sometimes not. As my gf, who is from Cebu, never is granted a visa in Cebu consulate (is just an <deleted> there, no particular reason), I managed to be with my gf the last 5 years by either leaving the country and come back a few days later, either had the 30 days extension (generally we stay around 7 weeks each time).

Now, things changed frequently these last year. On some websites of OFFICIAL instances, there are even so old things, that I not know what to think. Two month ago I stumbled on a site, that stated this :

Entering by land, if less then 2 times a year, gives you 30 days now.  Before only 15

But, but, it stated also that 30 days  extension in immigration service, is only possible for visa holders and not for people who get 30 days visa exemption. Those only would get a week.

Now on a French discussion group, a guy stated he got that 30 days extension, without visa, still for the 30 days visa exemption.So I not know what to think or believe any more. Even the Antwerp consulate gave me wrong info, stating that it was not possible to have 30 Days by land. I did it myself, just last week. But when coming back with my gf, I have to know what to do. I can get a visa without too much problems, but for my gf, I have to know if we meet in Penang, and gets hers there, or to just it as before in Phuket...

Two general points:

• Never trust what a Thai consulate tells you about anything other than their rules for issuing visas.
  • Embassy/consulate websites are often even misleading about their own rules, let alone those applied elsewhere.

It is easiest just to confirm the rules for visas and entry to the country here. For rules applicable to immigration offices in Thailand, you can get a general impression here, but this must always be confirmed by contacting your local immigration office that may apply their own immigration law.

• Like 2