Direct Flights From Cnx Abroad?

mobiryder

THAI flies non-stop to Chittagong, Bangladeshb

Well I think people have named most of the airlines, if leaving for a trip outside of the country do yourself a huge favour and

only enter the "international" part of CNX airport at the last minute

Made the mistake last month, nearly 3hours and unless you want to buy a cup of coffee you will be staring out the window freezing from the air conditioning

• 2 months later...

The few i know and i is

Hong kong express ( i use hong kong express for my air cargo Cost me mroe as it a control and limited flight but better then transit my cargo in bangok which i pay mroe on logistic

silkair ( singapore )

Silkair ( burma ) I think better check

Tigerair ( singapore )

SHould have a direct flight to taiwan i know at leats a few guy doing so .

might have a few flight heading to china . and there is a china consulate here which you can get visa easily .

china should be kunming ( but i got no idea if you get a thai consulate there

best bet would be singapore and

Laos i am not sure

you can get alot more if you transit in bangkok

Not sure if the Taiwan flight is running these days either.

But quiet willing to be corrected!

Well, since you're being so nice and quiet in your willingness, allow me to correct you. :o

It is, at least if you mean the China Air flight. I am booked on it early in May. A great way, by the way to fly to Canada, which is what I will be doing. Leave Chiangmai in the afternoon for Taipei, arrive early evening, stay at a hotel, which is provided by the airline and included in the ticket price, then fly the next afternoon to Vancouver, and arrive the morning of the same day.

Spellcheckers - never much use!

Found out I was wrong the other day when someone I know booked to Taipei.

But I was also told that 'someone' is going to do a Chiang Mai to London direct starting in about 3 months time.

Any truth in this rumour???

The runway at CNX is too short for a non stop CNX-LHR so doubt if that will happen.Another way to Canada is Hong Kong Express to Hkg and then you have a pick of flights to Vancouver or Toronto and believe you could do CNX-HKG-YVR/YTO without needing to overnight in Hkg.At least on any Thurs/Sun which is when Hong Kong Express fly.cheers

Not sure if the Taiwan flight is running these days either.

But quiet willing to be corrected!

Well, since you're being so nice and quiet in your willingness, allow me to correct you. :o

It is, at least if you mean the China Air flight. I am booked on it early in May. A great way, by the way to fly to Canada, which is what I will be doing. Leave Chiangmai in the afternoon for Taipei, arrive early evening, stay at a hotel, which is provided by the airline and included in the ticket price, then fly the next afternoon to Vancouver, and arrive the morning of the same day.

Will you be returning to Chiang Mai directly too? If so, what is the return schedule like? Thanks.

. . . . . if you mean the China Air flight. . . . . A great way, by the way to fly to Canada, which is what I will be doing. Leave Chiangmai in the afternoon for Taipei, arrive early evening, stay at a hotel, which is provided by the airline and included in the ticket price, then fly the next afternoon to Vancouver, and arrive the morning of the same day.

Will you be returning to Chiang Mai directly too? If so, what is the return schedule like? Thanks.

Yes, I will be. The first stage of the return flight leaves Vancouver at 11:35 and arrives in Taipei at 15:00. One then spends the night in a hotel, arranged and paid for as on the flight out. The second stage of the flight leaves Taipei at 9:55 the next morning and arrives in Chiangmai at 12:55.

The 500 metre extension on the runway last year was to allow a fully loaded 747 or airbus to make the journey non-stop to Europe. Even before the extension there were some flights in from Germany.

Seems like the only way to get the HK fare is to contact them, not on their website. Last time I looked at BKK to Hong Kong it was silly money, about 25,000 baht return.

There's a new flight starting in a couple of months CNX - Incheon (Korea).

It's with Sky Star Airways (http://www.skystarairways.com). Their route map says that they will be flying this and their news says that they are currently hiring the Thai staff.

If you also Google "Chiang Mai Airways," you will see that there is another airline that is in the works for Chiang Mai - Southern China flights. (http://www.thailand-china.com/en/welcome_thaitoday_news1.html?language=EN&id=7561&key=tn171106)

Edited by earlofwindermere

has anyone considered going to KL and then flight from there if its any cheaper? airasia flies direct CNX-KUL for a very reasonable price provided you book when they offer promotions.

Yes, I have some European trips coming up later this year that will involve doing just that.

I would double check the information in this thread before trying to fly - I can't find the Thai to Chittagong flight.

Now via Bangkok.................

The thrice-weekly flight was originally Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Chittagong and vice-versa. THAI must have found that there was little traffic on just the Chiang Mai-Chittagong sector. Hardly surprising...

What airlines fly direct out of CNX

Don't let airline terminology be a "gotcha." A 'direct' flight means you keep the same flight number to destination, but that you may make an interim stop, like in Bangkok. A 'non-stop' flight, however, is just that -- one takeoff, one landing.

China Airways flies from a number of North American west coast cities with the connecting flight to CNX. But the fares were a bit pricier, a few hundred dollars more per person than flying into Bangkok when I checked for my family's visit this summer, a peak travel period, and seats available were few and far between.

With the current clusterfruck at the Bangkok airports, I sure would like to see more flights direct to CNX from transit points such as Narita. I have the family arriving in late June into Bangkok and I still don't have plans for the transit to CNX.