Saudi says U.S. announcement on Jerusalem to hurt peace process, heighten tensions

webfact

Saudi says U.S. announcement on Jerusalem to hurt peace process, heighten tensions

tag_reuters-2.jpg

The Dome of the Rock and Jerusalem's Old City can be seen over the Israeli barrier from the Palestinian town of Abu Dis in the West Bank east of Jerusalem December 4, 2017. REUTERS/Ammar Awad

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia said on Monday any U.S. announcement on the status of Jerusalem before a final settlement is reached in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict would hurt the peace process and heighten regional tensions.

"Any U.S. announcement on the status of Jerusalem prior to a final settlement would have a detrimental impact on the peace process and would heighten tensions in the region," Saudi Ambassador Prince Khalid bin Salman said in a statement.

"The kingdom's policy - has been - and remains in support of the Palestinian people, and this has been communicated to the U.S. administration."

(Reporting by Yara Bayoumy, editing by G Crosse)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-12-05

Do not expect any support, nor any consideration of the Palestinian people from the deflector in chief. They are Muslim after all. His sworn enemy. All Muslims. Not just the 10% or so that are either extremist, or have sympathy with the freaks. All people of Muslim faith. The circus huckster in chief, is a racist, xenophobe, hate monger, wannabe fascist, and a misogynist freak. And a divider of all humanity. He is the polar opposite of a man of peace. 

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Do not expect any support, nor any consideration of the Palestinian people from the deflector in chief. They are Muslim after all. His sworn enemy. All Muslims. Not just the 10% or so that are either extremist, or have sympathy with the freaks. All people of Muslim faith. The circus huckster in chief, is a racist, xenophobe, hate monger, wannabe fascist, and a misogynist freak. And a divider of all humanity. He is the polar opposite of a man of peace. 

All Muslims? Like the very same Saudi Arabians mentioned in the OP? The ones Trump signed that bunch of arms deals contracts with?

22 hours ago, Morch said:

All Muslims? Like the very same Saudi Arabians mentioned in the OP? The ones Trump signed that bunch of arms deals contracts with?

Yes. All muslims. He will work with them, out of pure pragmatism, and the fact that they have a fortune invested in the US, and they are one of the largest supplies of oil. But, he despises them. Frankly, I despise the Saudi government too. And the so called royal family. But, not Muslim people, as a whole. There are alot of moderate Muslims out there. The majority, in my opinion. Though they do need to do a better job of speaking out against the super freaks. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. All muslims. He will work with them, out of pure pragmatism, and the fact that they have a fortune invested in the US, and they are one of the largest supplies of oil. But, he despises them. Frankly, I despise the Saudi government too. And the so called royal family. But, not Muslim people, as a whole. There are alot of moderate Muslims out there. The majority, in my opinion. Though they do need to do a better job of speaking out against the super freaks. 

So this is more about your views, rather than actually referencing anything solid with regard to Trump or USA policy. Gotcha.

Edited by Morch

2 hours ago, Morch said:

So this is more about your views, rather than actually referencing anything solid with regard to Trump or USA policy. Gotcha.

Are you saying you do not think that the US, being the only nation on earth to go along with the warmongering leader of Israel, in his request to move the embassy to Jerusalem is NOT a reflection of the divisive policies of this administration? What am I missing here? What does that have to do with MY views? 

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Are you saying you do not think that the US, being the only nation on earth to go along with the warmongering leader of Israel, in his request to move the embassy to Jerusalem is NOT a reflection of the divisive policies of this administration? What am I missing here? What does that have to do with MY views? 

Nice little twist attempt there. Obviously I didn't say anything along the lines of your made up nonsense.

You have originally presented a view which says Trump sees all Muslims as enemies. Nothing concrete was offered in support of this other than it being your point of view. What you go about in the above post is not quite the same thing, though. 

The "warmongering" leader of Israel didn't actually start any major war, and is hardly the first Israeli Prime Minister to request that the USA embassy will be moved to Jerusalem. That Trump's administration is pretty much alone on this, internationally, is a fact. That it reflects a "policy" is can be doubted. I think people have trouble accepting that the US President may be someone who does things without a whole lot of proper reasoning or after having thought things through. Easier to label the outrageous things he does as embodying ideas, policies and a concrete world view.

Edited by Morch