Red Stamp and possible run?

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Pakistan is on the list of countries that can only get a visa in their home country. See: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/RestrictedCountries2013.pdf

Are you in Vientiane or Savannakhet? If Savannakhet it could be a local policy they have made up.

No, as a Turkish citizen i need to go to Laos embassy first -one in Hwaui Kwang- get visa and then I can go to Laos, For now it seems no visa no Laos..

5 minutes ago, Jhansoz said:

No, as a Turkish citizen i need to go to Laos embassy first -one in Hwaui Kwang- get visa and then I can go to Laos, For now it seems no visa no Laos..

So it is the Lao embassy in Bangkok that is telling you that you have to wait for 3 weeks to get the visa.

I was confused because you posted in a topic about Thai visas.

Best if you post in the visas for other countries forum about it.

You could try contacting the Laotian consulate in Koen Khen to find out if they have the same rule.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

So it is the Lao embassy in Bangkok that is telling you that you have to wait for 3 weeks to get the visa.

I was confused because you posted in a topic about Thai visas.

Best if you post in the visas for other countries forum about it.

You could try contacting the Laotian consulate in Koen Khen to find out if they have the same rule.

Well, sorry about confusion, i wasn't going to, because i wasn't expecting and kind of obstacle for my Laos visa at the first place, lol. Yes that's what he said, Laos embassy officer told me if i want to apply for visa, i can only do it after 3 weeks. apparently it is a new law or something...

So i have come to a decision to go to Malaysia instead, which was my first idea. But i can't apply for tourist visa because of red stamp from Penang, right? 

Can i just do re-entry to country?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Immigration will not pay any attention to the stamp on your visa when you depart and re-enter the country. 
Remember that you can only do 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year at at land border crossing (resets at midnight on the 31st of this month).
Hi Ubonjoe, I did 2 visa exempt in 2017. So do I still get 2 exempts for 2018?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app