Upgrade from MS 3 pro.

Rc2702

Brought a surface pro 3, nearly 3 years ago. Had a few minor issues with it that were fixed using updates or upgrading peripherals. (Charging cables) I remember being disappointed at first as I had to adapt to the compact screen from a PC.

You know what though, the machine has been brilliant (touch wood) just works like a dream. Never had even a sniff of a problem. I have been ultra cautious I use it for MS outlook email and browsing and Skype and maybe xl/ppt/pdf sometimes and it's as good if not better than when I brought it. (Updates have improved it noticeably)

But it's nearly 3 years old.

I brought a surface pro 2 last year for emergencies. Never used it. 

I want to upgrade but I am unsure of the newer MS surfaces. Has anyone got some experience they want to share? I'm a PC btw.

I have a Surface Pro (2017) and in general am pleased with it.  There were some speed bumps with the docking station and external monitors after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, but other than that pretty smooth sailing.

I have the i7/256GB/8GB model and it replaced my i3-6320/512GB/16GB desktop without breaking a sweat.  It runs two external LCD screens via the Microsoft Dock.  I wanted the 512GB model, but couldn't justify the leap in price, so I compromised and have an external USB3 drive attached to the docking station for lesser-used files.

I had purchased a Surface 3 (non-Pro) before and it was *way* too anemic (Atom processor) but I liked the form factor so much I took a gamble on the Surface Pro (2017).

You can use your Surface Pro 3 keyboard with the Surface Pro (2017).  In fact, I'm using a SP3 keyboard with a fingerprint sensor because there isn't a SP2017 keyboard with a sensor.