Can use TM8 before Under Consideration date?

Hello, I am unable to find  the similar issue in your forum to answer my query so I decide to drop this straightforward query.  

My next  ‘non-Imm O’ extension will be on 16 March 2018 so I shall plan to apply 1 month earlier.

Hence, I shall expect my passport to be stamped as “Under Consideration” & dated around 16 April 2018.

If I want to plan to leave Thailand from 9 March 2018 to 2 May 2018, will that be a problem?  Can I request a single-Re-Entry permit (TM8) before “Under Consideration” date?

I am little concerned about immigration at Suvarnabhumi  or Phuket Airport - they may question me that.

Appreciate any advices/comments.   

You can a re-entry permit for the 30 day under consideration period that will be valid for entry to the report back date on it. You would not be able to get a re-entry permit valid until May 2nd.

You could apply for it at the same time you apply for the extension.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can a re-entry permit for the 30 day under consideration period that will be valid for entry to the report back date on it. You would not be able to get a re-entry permit valid until May 2nd.

You could apply for it at the same time you apply for the extension.

Yes, your comment is completely understood with thanks - alternatively can I use a 2-month extension instead of 12 months just to avoid the "Under Consideration" stamp? Only if I can keep up with 400,000B in bank...

2 minutes ago, nabbie said:

Yes, your comment is completely understood with thanks - alternatively can I use a 2-month extension instead of 12 months just to avoid the "Under Consideration" stamp? Only if I can keep up with 400,000B in bank...

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife instead of the one year extension and then do the extension near the end of the 60 days unless you have already gotten one previously for the entry you have been extending.

You could then get a re-entry permit for the 60 days extension.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife instead of the one year extension and then do the extension near the end of the 60 days unless you have already gotten one previously for the entry you have been extending.

You could then get a re-entry permit for the 60 days extension.

Thank you again. I never apply for single Re-entry permit from my current 12-month extension (based on daughter) so am I still entitled to apply for single Re-entry permit if I get my 2-month extension in 2018?  

2 minutes ago, nabbie said:

Thank you again. I never apply for single Re-entry permit from my current 12-month extension (based on daughter) so am I still entitled to apply for single Re-entry permit if I get my 2-month extension in 2018?  

I was writing about the 60 day extension not the re-entry permit. You can get as many of those you want to.

You are only allowed one 60 day extension for each entry to the country.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I was writing about the 60 day extension not the re-entry permit. You can get as many of those you want to.

Thank you very much. Yes, this will be my first 60-day extension so I will consider that.  

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Sorry to ask you one more question re: 60 day extension.

I can hold 400,000B in Thai bank only between 1 Dec 2017 to 1 March 2017. After the 60 day extension, 16 March 2018 to 15 May 2018, will be used up, then will they still accept that seasonable amount of 400,000B  for 12 month extension dated as 15 May 2018 to 14 May 2019?  Or must it be a non-seasonable amount?

Hope this will make sense.