Are the national parks still being strict with fees for foreigners?

edwardandtubs

6 hours ago, andy said:

To the OP, I think it may be a moot point as if you are looking at doing a motorbike tour through nice scenery, Northern Vietnam blows away anything Thailand has to offer in this department.

However, if you think dual pricing doesn't exist in Vietnam you will be in for a rude awakening once you are on the ground in Hanoi...

I've been to Hanoi before and didn't suffer any double pricing. There were a lot of ripoff artists in Saigon but you just have to know how to deal with them. Anyway, good to hear I'm in for some nice scenery.

I've been to Hanoi before and didn't suffer any double pricing. There were a lot of ripoff artists in Saigon but you just have to know how to deal with them. Anyway, good to hear I'm in for some nice scenery.
Been three times to Vietnam and just can agree with this. Scams and rip off targeted at tourists. But not much difference than in Thailand. If you do some research before about typical situations or the prices it should be fine.
But on the countryside or the common people are honest and I never experienced any trouble.

10 times price for Foreigners is Thai law. Often complaining about corruption, now the moaners want Park staff to cut them a deal just because they have a work permit or support a family, live here 35 years, and speak Thai fluently. It does not matter what you accomplished here if you don’t get Thai citizenship you are a foreigner, so 10 x Thai price. Asking sombody to break the law for you is not fair.

Guys, I mentioned that I faced the dual price at x11 times than Thai to pay, exactly at puttabat park around Jan 2016, 500 baht, and 450 baht at khao yai around July or August same year, 

anyone visited these places at later on time??

the solider at the gate shown me a paper with stamp to prove as evidence, 

to pay double than a Thai still ok somehow, calculate from 40 to 450-500 baht, I hope some Govt representative feedback about this issue, it’s a discriminatory very ugly shameful matter to be like this, why can’t be available at reasonable price for everyone?

Guys, I mentioned that I faced the dual price at x11 times than Thai to pay, exactly at puttabat park around Jan 2016, 500 baht, and 450 baht at khao yai around July or August same year, 
anyone visited these places at later on time??
the solider at the gate shown me a paper with stamp to prove as evidence, 
to pay double than a Thai still ok somehow, calculate from 40 to 450-500 baht, I hope some Govt representative feedback about this issue, it’s a discriminatory very ugly shameful matter to be like this, why can’t be available at reasonable price for everyone?

What annoys me the most are these random prices for foreigners. If it would be double the Thai price I have no problem with that. But it seems that at the most popular parks for foreigners they try to exort most of the money with this 10 fold bs

I've yet to go to any thai national park that was even worth 20 baht.  I think they just slap a sign up on any place that has a river, rock formation, waterfall or anything they can exploit money from.  There is no management, no upkeep or trail maintenance and except for a very few, no wildlife.  Most of the forests are dead and if not, they are dying fast.