Bitcoin has hit $15,000. Its an opportunity of a lifetime.

surinteacher2016

This investment is an opportunity of a lifetime IMHO. I can't believe the gains I've had in such a short period of time. I think in years to come it will become more stable and % gains will be smaller. At the moment though I see massive upside. The simple fact is that there is a lot of hype now re the bitcoin brand. Its not to say that it will not be volatile. There will be corrections. But its only just now getting popular. Whats going to happen in 2018 is that there will be massive buying demand around the globe.

People invest in currencies all around the world with the only asset backing it is the "Goodwill of the Government". You can line up the countries around the world that have learned that when a country runs into serious problems and needs to revalue their currency the Goodwill means nothing! With global debt over 60 TRILLION dollars and federal banks around the world talking about the great unwind and the end to this Zero interest rate experiment, it might not hurt to have a bit more diversification. The great Tech Bubble had many screaming and bathing their wounds, but look where we are today. The road may not be straight up and Bitcoin may not be the one at the end of the shake out over the next 5-10 years, but there will be a cryptocurrency that will become mainstream and learning about it and maybe investing a bit in it has been the best trade of the last 4 or 5 years.

If you dont already own bitcoin follow these easy steps:

- register with an exchange and add 2FA

- send funds to your wallet account at that exchange

- buy a hardware wallet i.e. keepkey or trezor

- buy bitcoin

- send it to the hardware wallet

- HODL (hold on for dear life)

Good luck and dont miss out. I also recommend buying bitcoin cash as a hedge in case there's a 'flippening' to BCH.

It wont crash until it runs out of buyers.. bubbles burst not when people panic sell but when people stop buying. 1 seller with no buyers can make the bid go to 0. So it'll be the same bitcoin, same holders, just lower price. It'll still function as a currency.

I know it seems like this is a mania, and it is and its definitely a bubble, but there's still a looooot of potential buyers out there. So... ride it.. TO DA MOOOOOON!! It could go to 30,000 per bitcoin by the end of this month!

I think its going to rise heaps this month and in Jan. 

The other causes of a crash might be if the 'Tether' issue raises its ugly head. Or if an exchange goes bust. Or if the futures market manipulate the market. 

If it does correct there will be plenty of bargain hunters buying in. It always happens like this with bitcoin. 

The bitcoin brand is here to stay. But I would also buy Bitcoin cash as I agree above with OP. 

By this time next yr who knows what the price could be. Maybe 50,000 to 100,000 if this hype continues.. If an ETF is introduced for bitcoin then holy crap the price will go up for sure. 

17 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Ronnie Moas has a great track record picking winners, everyone should at least listen to what he has  to say regarding bitcoin and CryptoCurrencys

Interesting vid and hope he's right. But it was strange that he was talking about exchange risk near the end of the video. Most people know to buy it and move it to ones wallet right away. Maybe there are some people who are stupid enough to leave it on the exchange. Either that or this guy doesnt know what he's talking about. 

38 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

Interesting vid and hope he's right. But it was strange that he was talking about exchange risk near the end of the video. Most people know to buy it and move it to ones wallet right away. Maybe there are some people who are stupid enough to leave it on the exchange. Either that or this guy doesnt know what he's talking about. 

Only problem with moving it from the exchange all the time is that if you're a small investor it's expensive. It costs 0.0005 To move BTC from Bx in th which is about 8 USD at present. 

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

Only problem with moving it from the exchange all the time is that if you're a small investor it's expensive. It costs 0.0005 To move BTC from Bx in th which is about 8 USD at present. 

Don't move it back and forwards unnecessarily..... 

I haven't moved some of mine in years

2 hours ago, davidst01 said:

Most people have never heard of CryptoCurrencys before 2017 so  yes, there will be a lot of idiots getting into it without a clue.... :smile:

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Most people have never heard of CryptoCurrencys before 2017 so  yes, there will be a lot of idiots getting into it without a clue.... :smile:

I have a feeling that he is right in his predictions. If people move out of other asset classes like gold or fixed income deposits (savings accounts etc) into bitcoin then it will drive the price up. I think a lot of old timers will not totally leave the share market and nor will I. But it might come to a point where some investors sell some of the stocks and move it into bitcoin. ETF's are a given in 2018. This opens the door to retail investors. 

I think it could be up to 30k to 50k by dec 2018. I dont have the balls to put anymore into bitcoin even though I have the resources to do it. His words of advice to own a dozen or so of other coins is really sound. Its what Ive done and now I will just sit and be patient. 

The main risk for bitcoin is the electricity prices/ cost of mining. This is one thing that could cause issues. If it becomes too expensive to mine then the motivation decreases. 

At what price would you sell your BTC?

On 12/12/2017 at 3:14 PM, davidst01 said:

I have a feeling that he is right in his predictions. If people move out of other asset classes like gold or fixed income deposits (savings accounts etc) into bitcoin then it will drive the price up. I think a lot of old timers will not totally leave the share market and nor will I. But it might come to a point where some investors sell some of the stocks and move it into bitcoin. ETF's are a given in 2018. This opens the door to retail investors. 

I think it could be up to 30k to 50k by dec 2018. I dont have the balls to put anymore into bitcoin even though I have the resources to do it. His words of advice to own a dozen or so of other coins is really sound. Its what Ive done and now I will just sit and be patient. 

The main risk for bitcoin is the electricity prices/ cost of mining. This is one thing that could cause issues. If it becomes too expensive to mine then the motivation decreases. 

At what price would you sell your BTC?

I have owned it for less than $3 a btc 

People like to say they will cash out at $10,100,1000,2000,3000,4000... Etc... 

Now we are at 17k most are still here

Maybe  I'm the exception because I believe in it as replacement for the corruption system we have now

I could have sold in 2013 for several million dollars but I don't think the current financial situation is doing anyone any favours except the top 1% and the latest trump taxes confirmed my suspicions even further....