Wing 41 Sticker - Addendum

FolkGuitar

Just a heads-up to say that you can still apply for the Wing 41 road pass sticker. In fact, the lines at the Military Police Office are four abreast, going out side and around the building... There are soooo many more people applying this year than last!  With so many using this 'special' pass, I have to wonder why any pass is even given?  Regardless, the office is open in the mornings only, and will be, until Dec 29th.  Get there at 8:15 and avoid 'most' of the rush.

I've always wondered.  As long as the pass is displayed on the vehicle and matches the registration it doesn't seem to matter who is driving and as far as I remember it is transferred along with ownership.  If this has to do with security then the scheme has holes you could drive a submarine through, but it pretty much can't be beaten as a means of generating a lot of paperwork and self importance. :smile:

.... and income. We have to pay 5 baht for the application, and 100 baht for the sticker. As there were more than 200 people ahead of me just during the hour or so that I was there on the morning I went,  and double that number when I left... and I imagine close to 1,000 going through the office every day since the beginning of November, that starts to add up to significant numbers.

Edited by FolkGuitar

20 minutes ago, kalbo123 said:

what paperwork do you need to bring to get sticker?

A copy of your passport photo page and a copy of your green book.

You can get the application form by walking inside and through to the back. Turn left as soon as you go down the steps and you'll see the desk with the forms. You will need to pay 5 baht for the form. You can fill out the form at the tables, then stand in one of the four lines to have your paperwork checked and stamped. Then stand on the serpentine line to the payment window where they will collect your documents, take 100 baht, and give you a receipt showing the date when you can return to pick up the sticker.

Was that a real post, or was it a bullshit response?

From town thru the light at the Mae Joe turnoff across the street from the first bank in Mae Rim is a copy shop with the service posted on their window. Nice drive to Mae Rim, check it out and visit your mate ES. 17 baht yellow song Taeow.

I don't do bullshit responses.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app