3BB cheating me out of prepaid but unused fee + security for modem?

visacrack

When I started doing ISP business with 3BB, I had to pay a security for their modem. They also charged their monthly service fee for a year in advance. 

Now that I no longer need their service, I would be entitled to a reimbursement of 5 unused/overpaid months - plus of course the security for the modem.

I'm not in the country at this time and trying to do it by email, but after some incoherent tenglish comments, they've stopped reacting altogether. Even switching to fax and using their HQ number didn't change that.

I've seen that the Ministry of Commerce is responsible for consumer protection. Would this be a promising avenue? Or any other ideas?

Before jumping in with the consumer protection people, what does the contract say about early cancellation / refunds?

If you are simply moving house you should be able to transfer any credit to a new connection.

you may have to swallow the unused months if it was a one year contract, also refunds on modems are a bout 1,000 baht, i just canceled 2 x 3bb contracts i got the 1,000 baht back for a vdsl line, but no refund on the adsl line 

cannot give you a positive answer but in my dealings with both True and 3BB

I have experienced very dodgy interpretations of written contracts , if you vary

from any written agreement in any way they will take any pre-payments/deposits 

without any explanation. what are you going to do get a Thai lawyer. TIT.  

next time get a thai id card and pay monthly>>>>
i have always brought the modem ( usually less than 700 baht)

i love their customer service, always helpful and fast.( Phuket)

1 year contract means u agree to pay for one year, why would u expect a refund?

It's a prepaid 1 year contract - don't think you'll get a refund for unused months. Modem deposit should be refunded though, if you returned it.

Also worth mentioning that if you don't expressly cancel they just keep the contract rolling perpetually and invoicing. This has bitten me in the past, ended up having to pay for 4 months service at a place I no longer lived in under threat of monthly bills just continuing to build up until it was at a high enough level to take legal action against me.