Song Thaew driver, 60, gets bashed by gang of youths

webfact

Song Thaew driver, 60, gets bashed by gang of youths

2am.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

A 60 year old song thaew driver was assaulted by a pack of youths after he hit a motorcycle.

But the motorbike was going the wrong way down the street in Pathum Thani.

The driver's daughter "Ampha Boriboon" went online to call for justice.

Netizens said it was disgraceful to pick on an aging man.

The incident happened near the Bor Thong Gas Station on Monday.

The driver was left with a head wound and bruising and a damaged leg.

No mention was made of police involvement in the Manager story that included a video of the aftermath of the accident.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-13

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Once again the younsters are showing us their extreme intelligence, competence and guts. Mom & Dad, WAKE UP! This is what you have created. Are you proud over it?

Maybe these kids were raised by one or both grandparents who were most of the time just too tired to give a <deleted>.

2 hours ago, wirat69 said:

It is my greatest fear, when driving at night, that I will take out a motorcyclist going the wrong way without lights.,...... I feel for the Songtaew driver, poor b*gger.....

Day or night........one day you will have to do it.

You will be driving along a 2 lane road, a heavily loaded truck will be coming in the opposite direction.

A bus will pull out from behind the truck and overtake very slowly.

Your choice is to:

1  Head-on the bus.

2 Swing to the right and try to clear the bus and truck and possibly make it to the empty (maybe) right verge.

3 Easily move to the left verge .............and kill the (helmetless) motorcyclist/samlor driver that is heading towards you using the verge as a road.

Edited by Enoon

For all of those who don't understand why Thai drivers often leave the scene of an accident, here's why.

In fact, as I understand it, Thai law is written to acknowledge the risk of vigilante beatings, and it's legal to scoot from the scene, then turn yourself in to the cops within 24 hours.  (But I stand to be corrected on the legal aspects.  I'm not a lawyer)

I agree with other posters about motorbikes on the road going the wrong. There's a market quite close to me and I have to pass it on the home and at night time there are large numbers of m/b going the wrong way. Sometimes with headlights but many times the basket is crammed full so the headlight can't be seen. In addition there is nothing here equivalent to 'wear something bright at night' or 'see and be seen'. If I know I going to pass this place at the peak time I deliberately drive 3-4 km out of my way and enter the road home from the opposite direction. I don't reach the market from that direction.

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

I agree with other posters about motorbikes on the road going the wrong. There's a market quite close to me and I have to pass it on the home and at night time there are large numbers of m/b going the wrong way. Sometimes with headlights but many times the basket is crammed full so the headlight can't be seen. In addition there is nothing here equivalent to 'wear something bright at night' or 'see and be seen'. If I know I going to pass this place at the peak time I deliberately drive 3-4 km out of my way and enter the road home from the opposite direction. I don't reach the market from that direction.

Your not alone in this practice... mrs farc does a five k circuit when going out, for this exact reason, when proper road use would entail a one k (maximum) drive... which includes two u turns around traffic islands which she refuses to do

last week, I commented on a different thread, about the dangers of vergeside riding, at various speeds and either direction (my view being that this is a dangerous practice... especially when One is trying to enter the main traffic stream, and that this should be banned) but as the OP didn’t include an accident of this nature, I was decried by many who pointed out that this was thailand.

i checked my passport stamp... and sure enough, it does say Thailand on it.

so... as a fishing expedition.... ?... will the newly raised safety measure of installing cameras in vehicles, to shame these youths (in this case), into good behavior, reduce these occurances?

lol.... silly me.... I vote “no”

besides which, do they even know it’s an illegal practice.... is it even in the DL test or material?

13 hours ago, gr8fldanielle said:

Maybe these kids were raised by one or both grandparents who were most of the time just too tired to give a <deleted>.

And it´s not a real parents work to raise a child? If they choose to make children, leave them to grumps and grams, then they are still responsible for the children, right?
Or maybe you just don´t get that. Useless comment, shape up!

12 hours ago, Get Real said:

And it´s not a real parents work to raise a child? If they choose to make children, leave them to grumps and grams, then they are still responsible for the children, right?
Or maybe you just don´t get that. Useless comment, shape up!

I don't believe he's trying to excuse them...offering a plausible explanation for this kind of behaviour maybe ? As for responsibility/accountability....not paths readily trod here .