Jomtien junior suite let down

Jack n Izzi

An old friend mentioned the dark side for value for money, they told me it that the dark side was just fine with few problems, we have been to Pattaya a few times and are relatively switched on to potential problems, saying that we have had few problems in the past. 

Try Googling Holland Tulip Resort, it used to be that they only ever took long term renters, but from what I understand that may have changed, they have very nice one bed houses fully furnished apart from bed linen and towels ( I lived there for a while so had my own) air con as well. The only extra you pay for would be the electricity. water, tv and internet included in rent, but don't go out for the day and leave the air running as one guy did :smile: he thought it was a hotel, there is also a nice pool and a restaurant, let me know how you get on.

I just checked their site, yep they do short term rental, however the cost is a bit higher than when I lived there, Baht 25,000 but still in your price range I think and if you look at the photos on their website you will fall in love with it :cool:

Edited by Golden Triangle

18 minutes ago, Jack n Izzi said:

Thanks so much, looks great, trying to find a map of where it is, looks a wee bit far out, we don't drive. price is great,

I live not far from Holland Tulip and unless you have transport you will feel very isolated. The baht bus down Nern Plubwan is spasmodic and slow, and it would still involve a change to get to downtown Pattaya or Jomtien. There are a few decent bars and restaurants, but nightlife is limited. The dark side is for us old retirees.

I think Jomtien would be a far better choice.

Edited by giddyup

5 minutes ago, Jack n Izzi said:

Been 3 times used as a base, but truth to be told not well. Wife likes beaches, looked at Jomtien. Expert Baht bus riders:sad:

This place is up along Soi Siam Country Club, go up as far as Chicken crossroads turn right and then turn right again at the first right, it's on a baht bus route (Red ones) from golf club all the way down Nern plawb nan to the Suckhamvit road. 

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

This place is up along Soi Siam Country Club, go up as far as Chicken crossroads turn right and then turn right again at the first right, it's on a baht bus route (Red ones) from golf club all the way down Nern plawb nan to the Suckhamvit road. 

Then another baht bus to Jomtien or Pattaya, not what I'd call a convenient location.

It's a shame that you don't drive, it would have made a good base to explore the darkside of Pattaya, I agree with giddyup in his assessment, but in that neck of the woods there are plenty of bars and restaurants all around the lake, when I first started holidaying out on the darkside there was so much to see and do, Buffalo racing, Longboat racing on the lake, Loi Kratong, Golf etc etc, that's why I now live over this side and not in town or Jomtien.

I wish you luck in finding what you need.

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Then another baht bus to Jomtien or Pattaya, not what I'd call a convenient location.

I understand what you are saying, but there is more to life than Pattaya or Jomtien beach, that is why I love this part of town so much, I'm about 10 mins from SSCC, 5 mins from Soi Khoa Noi and Khoa Talo, all these places have so much to offer, leave town for the tourists IMHO.

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

It's a shame that you don't drive, it would have made a good base to explore the darkside of Pattaya, I agree with giddyup in his assessment, but in that neck of the woods there are plenty of bars and restaurants all around the lake, when I first started holidaying out on the darkside there was so much to see and do, Buffalo racing, Longboat racing on the lake, Loi Kratong, Golf etc etc, that's why I now live over this side and not in town or Jomtien.

I wish you luck in finding what you need.

The lake bars etc are a long way from Holland Tulip without a car, most of those bars are pretty quiet this time of the year as well. There are plenty of bars and restaurants on the dark side, but you'd soon tire of that if you were on holiday.

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

I understand what you are saying, but there is more to life than Pattaya or Jomtien beach, that is why I love this part of town so much, I'm about 10 mins from SSCC, 5 mins from Soi Khoa Noi and Khoa Talo, all these places have so much to offer, leave town for the tourists IMHO.

I've been living near the temple end of Nern Plubwan for more than 7 years and not really sure why you say there's so much to offer. It suits my quiet, retired lifestyle, but if I came here on holiday I'd be bored stupid after two days.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

I've been living near the temple end of Nern Plubwan for more than 7 years and not really sure why you say there's so much to offer. It suits my quiet, retired lifestyle, but if I came here on holiday I'd be bored stupid after two days.

Horses for courses then as I have been living here a similar amount of time, you obviously don't get out much. I go to the Courtyard restaurant fairly often, eat the delicious deep fried Chicken with Noodles from another stall at the X roads, have my hair cut at the barbers shop near the gym at Chicken X roads, visit many bars and restaurants along Pattanakarn road and around the lake, and yes I have many friends and also have a decent set of wheels, a Fortuner not a bike, so I can get out and about and if I'm having a few beers my Mrs takes me home, don't be so negative, if I hadn't made the move to holiday in this neck of the woods about 10 years ago I would probably have never met my Mrs or made the many friends I now have, and how do you know what the OP and his partner want from a holiday ?

Maybe they fancy a change from lying on a beach all day and explore a new area. 

Google Nirvana Boutique Suites Hotel in Jomtien, Soi 4 off the main beach road.  1 bed apartment up on the rooftop (4 floors), kitchenette, etc., own patio, neat decor.   Set back from the scrum, quiet.  Rented a bicycle and rode all over the place from there.  Thought it would be a good place to base out of longer, but you would have to have a chat with the staff or manager to get the price down accordingly.  Good luck finding a place.

43 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Horses for courses then as I have been living here a similar amount of time, you obviously don't get out much. I go to the Courtyard restaurant fairly often, eat the delicious deep fried Chicken with Noodles from another stall at the X roads, have my hair cut at the barbers shop near the gym at Chicken X roads, visit many bars and restaurants along Pattanakarn road and around the lake, and yes I have many friends and also have a decent set of wheels, a Fortuner not a bike, so I can get out and about and if I'm having a few beers my Mrs takes me home, don't be so negative, if I hadn't made the move to holiday in this neck of the woods about 10 years ago I would probably have never met my Mrs or made the many friends I now have, and how do you know what the OP and his partner want from a holiday ?

Maybe they fancy a change from lying on a beach all day and explore a new area. 

We are talking about someone on holiday, not sure a meal at the Courtyard and getting your hair cut qualifies as a good time. There are 10 times more choices for places to eat both in Pattaya and Jomtien, plus cinemas, shopping malls, the beach etc. If I was going to stay at a resort it certainly wouldn't be the Holland Tulip, it's fairly pricey, the food is so-so and it's isolated. Not sure bar-hopping is what the OP wants to do either. I like the area, otherwise I wouldn't still be here, but would I recommend it as a place for a holiday. No. BTW, the Lake isn't Lake Como, it's a wet patch.

i just did a google search using the term - 2 month apartment rental in Jomtein

and looked at this site here- http://www.expat-condos.com/jomtien-beach-condominiums.html

and they are showing this at 12/18,000 per month - http://www.expat-condos.com/jomtien-beach-condominium-24.html

have a great trip, and i hope you find something, my opinion is go for Jomtein, a lot nicer now. the darkside is ok with transport.

Check out any of the View Talay condos.       I have a condo in View Talay 2A and I know their are several agents located on the ground floor that rent out condos for short terms.      VT2A is located off Thappraya Road a five min walk to Jomtien beach.