Pizza oven - 3 phase electricity

Cloggie

I want to buy an electric pizza oven but I found out that it needs 3 phase electric and I have only 2 phase electric at my rented home in a moo baan.

It is possible to install 3 phase electricity for only one device only at your home and any idea about the cost?

Understand that it will have to be 'approved' by the owner but I have no idea about the cost and at the PEA there was today nobody who could speak English....

Who want to share his thought with me, it is possible or should I forget the whole idea.

Thanks,

For something like a Pizza oven you probably don't really need 3 phase. It is most likely only 3 phase to balance out the large load of the heating elements. The question then is how many amps is it on 3phase and how many amps is your single phase service? 

And to get back on topic, these are the costs for PEA supplies. Second column is the deposit which you should get back for your existing meter.

Add two more wires from meter to house (Thailand is 3-phase, four wire) and a 3-phase main breaker in front of your existing single-phase board and you're good to go.

59e8d115cfa8a_PEAElectricMeterConnectionDepositInstallationFee2017.jpg

I started using my BBQ grill for pizza and it works great.  Mine is 4 burners, 2 on the left and 2 on the right.  With the right burners on high and the left on low and the cover down, it will come to 250C almost immediately.  My 2 element oven would take about 30 min. to get to 220C. 

Anyway... put the pizza stone (or whatever pan you use) on the left, cover down, and you have a pizza ready under 15 min.  I've read where some will put the pizza directly on the grill but I'm not brave enough to try that.

First of all, thanks for all your comments - very helpful!

Pictures I took today.

Not sure now if it uses 3 phases (as told to me by the auctioneer) or just 1 phase as I can read on the electric oven / electricity cable :saai:

20171216_105848.jpg

20171216_105900.jpg