Alcohol breath testing - any bad experiences?

konisaan

21 minutes ago, smotherb said:

You must really have a drinking problem if you think no one can stop once they start drinking. I drink socially and quite a lot sometimes. I rarely get drunk, because I do stop. I do not like getting drunk. In forty years, my wife says she has seen me drunk twice.

I drink daily but never enough to get drunk or anywhere near it. There is nothing worse than vomiting through drunkenness or suffering a hangover next morning.

10 hours ago, dpdp said:

It has always been 0.5 but I consider this stupid. Who is able to stop when starting to drink ? It should be 0.0. And 1 month automatic jail for any offender !

I have no problem with people drinking or even taking drug IF THEY DO IT AT HOME and no not endanger anybody's life.

I think they tried that in Sweden some years ago. But the problem is that if you eat or drink some sour milk product your body will create alcohol.

5 hours ago, Spock said:

I drink daily but never enough to get drunk or anywhere near it. There is nothing worse than vomiting through drunkenness or suffering a hangover next morning.

I drink 8 big bottles of beer or more every day, never vomit or have a hangover – the body's capability to adapt is amazing!

14 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

The folks who do horrific damage driving drunk gives drinking and driving a bad name. Only a non drinker can't see the difference between a 1 or 2 small beers and a long drinking session.

The problem is that even a couple of small beers affect a drivers reaction times and the people who drink and drive cant see that

33 minutes ago, yardrunner said:

The problem is that even a couple of small beers affect a drivers reaction times and the people who drink and drive cant see that

Driving in this country is a full time sober job....

Gone are the "relaxed" easy going days of casually driving around after having a "few"....

With the increased traffic & increased aggression of drivers & motorcyclists on more powerful & nimble bikes (a good % of brain dead tourist riders/drivers) - it's just a countdown until a tragedy or a trip to the drunk tank....

It's been determined in many countries that a fully licensed driver can legally and competently drive up to .05. Thailand has the same law. 

Of course not everyone is the same and you need to learn your limits.  I have comfortably passed the test here after 8 mid strength (3.5) over 4 hrs. I knew I was fine to drive and never seen cops look so sad. 

Wowsers saying 0.0 really need to get a life. 

2 minutes ago, ICECOOL said:

It's been determined in many countries that a fully licensed driver can legally and competently drive up to .05. Thailand has the same law. 

Of course not everyone is the same and you need to learn your limits.  I have comfortably passed the test here after 8 mid strength (3.5) over 4 hrs. I knew I was fine to drive and never seen cops look so sad. 

No, they don't 'need to get a life' because people metabolise alcohol differently.

I spoke to an Italian police officer on holiday at the Pattaya court house after my friend got busted drink driving. 

He swore that he’d only had 2 beers with dinner and they only took the initial reading as evidence. 

May mate was blind and locked up over night to face the judge in 2 days time. Even his bribe was handed back to him at the station minus 3000thb ‘taxi fare’ for the BiB taking him home to collect the money first lol

20000thb fine was the result 

The one and only experience I had I was well over. Very stupid of me to move my scooter from soi 7 to LK Royal Wing. 

5000thb got me on my way but never again will I do something so brainless.

Edited by MadMuhammad

3 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

I spoke to an Italian police officer on holiday at the Pattaya court house after my friend got busted drink driving. 

He swore that he’d only had 2 beers with dinner and they only took the initial reading as evidence. 

May mate was blind and locked up over night to face the judge in 2 days time. Even his bribe was handed back to him at the station minus 3000thb ‘taxi fare’ for the BiB taking him home to collect the money first lol

The one and only experience I had I was well over. Very stupid of me to move my scooter from soi 7 to LK Royal Wing. 

Holidays at the Pattaya court house ?

3 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Hoe much bribe did he pay ? And why they didn't keep it ?

But you paid 5000 only when they caught you ?

16 hours ago, ICECOOL said:

but the limit has to be set for those who are affected with the smallest amount and if that needs to be 0% so be it

1 hour ago, yardrunner said:

but the limit has to be set for those who are affected with the smallest amount and if that needs to be 0% so be it

Some years ago in UK it was claimed that setting devices at zero would result in mouthwash, fag, gum, toothpaste etc creating numerous false positives which is why UK Gov opted not to do it.

Edited by evadgib

12 hours ago, dpdp said:

Hoe much bribe did he pay ? And why they didn't keep it ?

But you paid 5000 only when they caught you ?

My mate offered 15k and they took him back to his condo to get the money. 

For some reason (I don’t remember the exact circumstances) he was taken back to Pattaya Police Station. He was then pulled into the head mans office where he was told money won’t save him and all but 3k was given back to him and he was processed and locked him up until bail was organised. 

In the end it cost him 24k.

*edit* it happened in the first week of the big crackdown a year or 2 ago so maybe they were just chasing numbers at the time.

i met the Italian guy while at the court house supporting my friend.

I was caught some some time later on corner of 2nd Rd & Klang. I offered to pay an ‘on the spot’ fine. When I was in the police box registering a reading on the breath analysis machine the head guy told me 5k will sort it. 

Luckily I had the cash on me and I paid up. As I left the box I went to walk off to get a Songtaew only to hear ‘you, you, you!!’

I thought I was gonna get fleeced for some more cash but he was just telling me to take my bike with me! 

Edited by MadMuhammad

13 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

My mate offered 15k and they took him back to his condo to get the money. 

For some reason (I don’t remember the exact circumstances) he was taken back to Pattaya Police Station. He was then pulled into the head mans office where he was told money won’t save him and all but 3k was given back to him and he was processed and locked him up until bail was organised. 

In the end it cost him 24k.

*edit* it happened in the first week of the big crackdown a year or 2 ago so maybe they were just chasing numbers at the time.

i met the Italian guy while at the court house supporting my friend.

I was caught some some time later on corner of 2nd Rd & Klang. I offered to pay an ‘on the spot’ fine. When I was in the police box registering a reading on the breath analysis machine the head guy told me 5k will sort it. 

Luckily I had the cash on me and I paid up. As I left the box I went to walk off to get a Songtaew only to hear ‘you, you, you!!’

I thought I was gonna get fleeced for some more cash but he was just telling me to take my bike with me! 

You have been lucky actually hahaha...

Can we visit the court anytime at Pattaya ? Court hearing everyday ?

Just curious. Thanks.

2 hours ago, dpdp said:

You have been lucky actually hahaha...

Can we visit the court anytime at Pattaya ? Court hearing everyday ?

Just curious. Thanks.

I do believe you can observe. I chose to sit at the rear of the courthouse with my friend while he waited for his hearing. 

If on bail offenders can wait outside in a seated picnic style area. 

If you know someone that has been remanded you can also visit the holding cells underneath.

I didn’t enter the courthouse for the hearing as I get uncomfortable in the heat and in crowds. 

Here is some info though:

Visiting in the Pattaya Court

If you have some Thai language skills, you can locate the day’s agenda as well as what court room everyone will appear in. It is not uncommon for several defendants to appear in the same room during the same court session at the Pattaya Court, so do not be alarmed if you see more than one name listed for the same room during the same time block. The Pattaya Court usually divides the day up into a morning session, which starts at 09:00am (although it almost always starts later than this) and the afternoon session which starts after 13:00pm.

In most cases, you will be able to sit in the court room with the person you are visiting. 

Edited by MadMuhammad

On 12/22/2017 at 12:44 PM, Spock said:

The two for one special of vomiting from food poisoning and rice water sh*& definitely tops vomiting from drunkenness.