Re-entry Permits: Can They Expire?

I'm on a non-immigrant B visa, and I paid for (and received) a re-entry permit back in September in order to go to Cambodia. You have to state your destination and approximate dates of the trip on your application form.

The Cambodian trip was canceled, so I'd like to use the same re-entry permit for a trip to the USA next April.

Can I use the same re-entry permit? Or is it invalidated because the original paperwork links it to the canceled Cambodian trip?

I can't seem to find any information to cover this scenario. Appreciate any help or insight on this.

My reentry permits stamped into my passport in the past have never stated travel dates (or destination) just an expiry date, which has always been the expiry date of my current extension.

ie I extend my visa every year on 13 Sep so the reentry permit expires 13 sep

Your stay is NOT on a non-immigrant B-visa but based on the 'Permission-to-stay-stamp'. Your re-entry permit is issued to keep this permission-to-stay. While in the application-form a destination is to be shown the re-entry permit is without condition.

As long as you return within the shown date you are ok.

Yes, important that the re-entry-permit becomes invalid once the permission-to-stay condition changed.

E.g. (from own experience) permission to stay valid til July 13, re-entry permit as well. However, in June applied for extention of my permit and got an 'under consideration-stamp' 'come back July 25. Automatically, re-entry expired, even I came back before July 13.

So, while under process of extenting the annual permit, I have to apply month by month for a correspondig re-enty permit, if I want to travel during such period.

• 2 weeks later...
IMO much better to get your multi-reentry saves a lot of hastle, for the question i dont believe it matters where you go as long as u use your permit before the expiry date.

That's a matter of calculation, single Baht 1000, multiple Baht 3800.

Four trips and more, you save money.