Where To Get Paid

OK,

I have a new co. that would like to hire me. The co. is in Singapore, and the co. has asked which bank I would like the money forwarded to, America or Thailand. (I live in Thailand, and the work would be performed in Thailand)

I am inclined to say America.... but I do not know if this is the correct choice. Technically, I do not need the money in Thailand, at least not now! Any how, I ask this for tax reasons, and maybe you folks know of other reasons to either keep it here in Thailand, or have it sent to America.

Thanks in advance.

I'd have it direct deposited into your US bank account. If you live out of the country you are tax exempt for the first US $80,000. It's been a long time since I have had to worry about that so if this information is out of date, someone please correct it.

I'd have it direct deposited into your US bank account. If you live out of the country you are tax exempt for the first US $80,000. It's been a long time since I have had to worry about that so if this information is out of date, someone please correct it.

What Gary A said. In addition, look at what kind of interest you will get on your money. Regards, BD

As far as taxes are concerned, it doesn't matter where you are getting paid. Since the activity for which you will be remunerated are performed in Thailand - it is Thai Source Income and subject to taxes in Thailand.