New TR and switching passports on the way

I have quite an uncommon question. Not sure if anyone might have done this or know how it might work. So I have two passports from 2 different EU countries. I'm traveling to Hanoi for my new Tourist Visa and the thing is my other passport allows visa free entry to Vietnam and the other one requires an eVisa (37 USD). The thing is I want to apply for the visa with the passport that requires the visa to enter Vietnam. So in other words I would be entering Vietnam with the passport that doesn't require a visa but applying for the Thai Visa at the embassy in Hanoi with the other passport (just because that passport doesn't have any Thai visas yet and the other passport is full of Thai visas and exempt stamps).

I'm just wondering would this be a problem at the Thai embassy, since that passport I'd use for applying would not have any stamp of entering Vietnam. They would probably wonder where that is and ask me to explain. If that's the case I would have to show them my other passport and not sure would that be a bad thing since it's pretty full of Thai visas and entries to Thailand during the past 5 years. Of course I do have a right to switch passports since I have dual citizenship and I can of course apply for a TR in which ever passport I want. Just haven't done it this way before so would like to know if there could be any trouble doing so?

Thanks! 

There is a very good chance they will not issue the visa in a passport that does not have an entry stamp for Vietnam in it.

It think I would pay the extra to get the visa for Vietnam instead of taking the risk being denied the application.

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is a very good chance they will not issue the visa in a passport that does not have an entry stamp for Vietnam in it.

It think I would pay the extra to get the visa for Vietnam instead of taking the risk being denied the application.

That's true. Maybe I better do so to avoid any extra questioning.  

14 hours ago, lkv said:

If you choose the visa route i recommend getting an e-visa from the government's website directly.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn

The cost is USD 25.

Thanks for that. I was going to ask what is the official site for getting the eVisa? When I google eVisa all kinds of sites come up that offer the eVisa service. So by using the above mentioned website you pay only the stamping fee of USD 25 and not the extra USD 12?

3 hours ago, ChomDo said:

Thanks for that. I was going to ask what is the official site for getting the eVisa? When I google eVisa all kinds of sites come up that offer the eVisa service. So by using the above mentioned website you pay only the stamping fee of USD 25 and not the extra USD 12?

The official website is: https://immigration.gov.vn

If you click on electronic visa it will take you to the link I have attached in the previous post. All the other websites Google finds are travel agents that charge more.

Note that there is also a difference between visa on arrival and e-visa.

Visa on arrival requires a sponsor letter that most agents get for 12 USD, plus you pay a stamping fee of 25 USD in the airport. If you get your visa on arrival in the airport you must have a sponsor letter.

With e-visa, the sponsor letter is not needed, you complete the required information, upload a passport picture, and pay the e-visa fee of 25 USD online with your card. There isn't any stamping fee charged in the airport anymore when you land.

Edited by lkv