TAT unveils "Anyone Can Travel in Thailand" for welfare card holders

webfact

TAT unveils "Anyone Can Travel in Thailand" for welfare card holders

PNECO610103001003001.jpg

BANGKOK, 4 January 2018 (NNT) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has joined hands with four government agencies to organize "Anyone Can Travel in Thailand" project for state-sponsored welfare card holders. 

The Deputy Governor for Domestic Marketing at the TAT, Noppadon Pakprot, chaired the press conference to promote the project, which will be co-organized by the Zoological Park Organization, the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA), the Botanical Garden Organization, and the National Discovery Museum Institute. 

The project is being carried out from January 1st to March 31st, 2018, to promote tourism among welfare card holders, as part of efforts to improve the quality of life and promote learning. 

People who are interested to take part in this three-month project can present their welfare cards and identification cards to relevant agencies. They can visit tourist attractions administered by the four partner agencies free of charge.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-01-04

Reminds me of a pleasant surprise on arrival at Hong Kong airport.  As a farang pensioner, I was entitled to their 'Octupus' Card which gives a 30% cut on bus, train, tram and ferry services.

Same applied for a few other places of interest, which in Thailand would have cost me more than treble the locals' price.