Schengen visa Lenght of stay in a single member state

Hi to all. My girlfriend has just got a multi entry  Schengen visa type C  issued by German embassy in order to visit her family. I’ll accompany her in this journey. But we’ve planned to spend few days in Italy as well, so she can meet my family. I’m well aware that she can visit the entire Schengen area since her visa is valid for all Schengen states. But I’m concern about the rule that says: she must spend the most of  time in the country that has issued the visa or spend the equal time in both states.

Her permit of stay in Schengen area is of 19 days, so we thinking to spend 9 and half days in Germany and 9 and half days in Italy. Is that correct? Can we do that? Thank you in advance for your advices.

I think you’ll find that you’re thinking of the rule that says you should apply at the Consulate of the member state that has jurisdiction for the state where you intend on spending most time, actual travel plans can and do change. Of course there are no border controls if you are traveling directly between the two countries so it shouldn’t be an issue. They would be more concerned that she is actually going to leave the Schengen Area on time.
I’m pretty sure I’m correct, but member Donutz would know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Tog you are entirely correct. You need to apply at the embassy of the state that you intend to be your main goal. If it's unclear what the main destination is, then you are supposed to apply at the country that you will visit first. But in all cases plans can change and that is perfectly fine asking as you were genuine during your application. 

• Like 1