Seeking nice, good quality rental in Chiang Mai

nicolas65

Understandably in the high season, condo inventory in Chiang Mai is very tight at the moment.  We are seeking a high quality furnished condo (or a well-situated house ) in a walkable part of town, with a mountain view and at least 75sqm.  We knew before arriving that options might be more limited at this time of year and we are willing to wait for the right place.  So far, we have seen some excellent places that met some of our wants, but not all (great view, too small; great layout no view, etc.).  If anyone in the TV community has a line on something nice, plz pm me here.

thanks!

At Floral, see the manager Kuhn Nok, she's very helpful - PM me for her number if needed. 

Another option that may suit is Puna Residence on Suthep Road, another is Kantary Hills which is very nice but is out just a little bit - you can google both.

I personally wouldn't recommend Riverside or Rimping condo's because of their age.

We have an appointment tomorrow to do a contract on a place but the owner has been back and forth a few times on whether the place is truly available—sounds like she had to shift a prospective short term renter.  So I won’t be surprised if this falls through.  It is a new condo and she seems conflicted on selling versus renting or doing holiday rentals with it.

Thanks Simoh, we toured Floral—inventory there now is mainly places in need of some TLC but lots of space, great views, and nice prices.  We showed Khun Nok your message and she was grateful for the reference.

Marco, pm’d you further.  If we get the old bait and switch tomorrow—possible I think—we will be in touch.

thanks all,

N

Location is everything in my opinion after being here some time.

Very personally speaking ...but I think many of the condo locations in Chiang Mai are very bad. Fine if you don’t want to go anywhere.