Snake catchers called after man shoots at huge King Cobra in Krabi

webfact

Snake catchers called after man shoots at huge King Cobra in Krabi

5pm.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

A rescue worker from Ao Luk Villa in Krabi told the media that his team were called to a palm plantation after a huge King Cobra freaked some construction workers.

The 4 meter long specimen was found under some leaves and successfully bagged.

Banjong Khumprayoon said that one of the scared locals had shot at the snake with a .22 gun. He said it was lucky that no one was hurt and the snake was safe too.

It had just been grazed.

He said that most southerners respect the snake as "owner of the land" and erect shrines by creeks in their name.

Source: 77Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-05

5 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Is he going to be investigated to see if the gun is legally held or is it another never mind situation?

Best give the snake a Glasgow smile and not worry about buying bullets. 

The video in the linked source article didn't show the  earlier .22 cal shot.  Appeared that one of the two Thais involved speared the King through the head with a frog gig or something like it, so I'm not sure this snake actually made it out of there alive? 

Nice snake, bit bigger in the video than appears in the still photo.

On 1/6/2018 at 9:08 PM, 55Jay said:

The video in the linked source article didn't show the  earlier .22 cal shot.  Appeared that one of the two Thais involved speared the King through the head with a frog gig or something like it, so I'm not sure this snake actually made it out of there alive? 

Nice snake, bit bigger in the video than appears in the still photo.

Diificult to tell, but I think (hope) that is was a loop of wire or twine that is put over the head and then pulled tight from the other end of the pole.

On 1/5/2018 at 9:24 AM, webfact said:

one of the scared locals had shot at the snake with a .22 gun. He said it was lucky that no one was hurt

Shouldn't go shooting his gun at random.

6 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Diificult to tell, but I think (hope) that is was a loop of wire or twine that is put over the head and then pulled tight from the other end of the pole.

Ah yes, you may be right, didn't think about that.  Thanks.

On 05/01/2018 at 12:55 PM, lemonjelly said:

king cobras eat monocled cobras as wells’s other snakes and tend to shy away from humans, kill a king cobra, expect more snakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well you can keep them all in your yard, if that's not a problem. 

3 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Who said it was random? 

You don't have to try your luck, you just have to either a.) leave it alone and let it go on its way or b.) call the snake catchers as in this story and let them deal with it.  They're there precisely so you don't have to kill an innocent animal which is an important part of the ecosystem.

Archived