Changed e-mail.

colinneil

Can anybody help me please.

I have been using Lazada for over 3 years, up till now always spoke highly of them.

For reasons   unknown to me Hotmail blocked my e-mail account a few months ago, now i use gmail.

I messaged Lazada 4 months ago asking them to change my e-mail on my account, they did nothing.

In november i returned a cordless drill to Lazada because it did not work, i asked for the money as credit,they sent the credit to my blocked hotmail.

Today i called Lazada asked why they did not change the e-mail, they could not answer.

Please send the credit to my gmail e-mail, no it is not company policy to send to another account, so what about my credit, i asked they said open your hotmail e-mail.

So i got nowhere.

Anybody got the e-mail/ address for the government consumer protection?

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I just logged into my Lazada account then clicked on my name and clicked on "Manage My Account". On that page there is an option to "Change Email".

ubonjoe i did that and it did not work, so i messaged them, and still nothing, but they told me today they will not transfer the credit to another e-mail.

12 minutes ago, colinneil said:

ubonjoe i did that and it did not work, so i messaged them, and still nothing, but they told me today they will not transfer the credit to another e-mail.

Not sure what the process is to change the email address. I suspect they sent a email to your Hotmail account as part of the confirmation process for the change.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what the process is to change the email address. I suspect they sent a email to your Hotmail account as part of the confirmation process for the change.

If that is the case then you got a major problem if they don't want to deviate from their procedures. Its of course to protect the client but there should be some alternate way with a lot of verification of course.

Colinneil, no way to revive the hotmail account ?

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

If that is the case then you got a major problem if they don't want to deviate from their procedures. Its of course to protect the client but there should be some alternate way with a lot of verification of course.

Colinneil, no way to revive the hotmail account ?

I have tried several times to retrieve the hotmail account, even had a computer shop try, no way will it allow access.

What is making me angry is when i called them, all the woman would keep saying is sorry for any inconvenience.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I have tried several times to retrieve the hotmail account, even had a computer shop try, no way will it allow access.

What is making me angry is when i called them, all the woman would keep saying is sorry for any inconvenience.

Problem is these things are there for your own security.. IMHO they should NEVER change it with a phone call but would have to if you give them a signed copy of your passport and a letter. Its a security thing.. if you can change things with just a phone call (unless that phone is also registered in the account) you would beat all security measures.

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Problem is these things are there for your own security.. IMHO they should NEVER change it with a phone call but would have to if you give them a signed copy of your passport and a letter. Its a security thing.. if you can change things with just a phone call (unless that phone is also registered in the account) you would beat all security measures.

Yes i agree with what you say, but i was calling from the phone which is registered with lazada, they could also call me they have used that number on more than 30 occasions.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Yes i agree with what you say, but i was calling from the phone which is registered with lazada, they could also call me they have used that number on more than 30 occasions.

There should be some (safe) procedure for these things. So if your phone is registered to that account they should help you. 

Reason I am all for security is that a client lost 200.000 in bitcoins because someone changed his account and got to his email. That made me realize that changing account data should not go to easy as its a safety issue. 

Edited by robblok