New Gen Air - Korat to Phuket

Mafesto

Most of you probably know Korat airport has reopened to commercial flights with flights to Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Mai. 

The missus and I decided to grab a flight to Phuket (not my preferred Thai beach destination but little choice) for 4,000bht rtn per ticket. 

Let’s juat say Korat airport systems are a work in progress but check in was relatively easy and then a stroll to the NewGen plane. These planes must have been recycled from an airline that didn’t want them because they are old, banged up, pretty aged on the inside. The Phuket plane seats 160 pax and there was around 50 on the flight. Flight time was about 1:20min and arrived safely. 

Return flight similar but only 30 pax on board so you have to wonder about the commercial viability moving forward. 

So NewGen service is equivalent to say JetStar or RyanAir but with older planes. Hostesses were very friendly and helpful with just a bag of chips and water served. 

Will be doing the Korat to BKK flight on Jan 15th so can report on that. Hopefully they open up a route to Samui soon as Phuket really hasn’t improved much since last there. 

All in all for 4,000bht return it was money well spend, even on the old rickety planes they have. 

Edited by Mafesto
Spelling error

On 9.1.2018 at 9:08 PM, Mafesto said:

These planes must have been recycled from an airline that didn’t want them because they are old, banged up, pretty aged on the inside.

:wacko:

Oh yes.

Their "youngest" plane is 12.7 years.

Oldest is 28.5 years.

One with 6 previous owners.

Not that there are well known airlines who come close :whistling:

(Delta, AA and others)

Edited by Sunak

17 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

How do you book flights. Newgen website a bit confusing 

I think you have to go through Kayak. The airline concentrates on the Chinese market so it probably has block bookings with Chinese travel agents. The o/p is the guru on this matter.

I haven't tried the website/booking (noted by norfolkandchance) but here's the link to the English version website.  http://www.newgenairways.com

They also have outlets in a handful of areas:

- Ticketing Counter. The Mall Korat (New Zone) (1030 a.m.-1900p.m.)
- Ticketing Counter. 3rd Floor Terminal 1, Donmuang Airport (0900a.m.-1830p.m.)
- Ticketing Counter. 1st Floor, Chiang Mai Airport (0900 a.m.-1830p.m.)
- Ticketing Counter. 1st Floor, Phuket Airport (0900a.m.-1830p.m.)
- Call Center  02-838-8338 (09.00 a.m.-1830p.m.)

https://www.eventpop.me/e/2818-cnx-nak-jan

image.png.49394acc5be1c2e66746a5247b348e28.png