Erawan Falls - Thai price experiences?

moana

My wife (Thai) and I visited the waterfalls in early December.  At the gatehouse (where you pay the entrance fees) there was a fairly large notice in English on the counter informing visitors that the National Parks policy regarding entrance fees for foreigners has been changed and that presentation of Thai driving licences or work permits no longer qualifies for discounted admission.  It made no mention of any other forms of ID.

I had a little chat with the gate keeper (in Thai) smiled nicely and presented my 'Pink ID card' and was instantly given the Thai entrance fee rate for the both of us :partytime2:

FYI - the entrance fees are as follows:

Thais = 100 THB for adults and 50THB for children.

Foreigners = 300 THB for adults and 200 THB for children.

20 THB for motorbikes and 30 THB for other vehicles.

My experiences with National Parks.

Speak passable Thai, joke with them, even better know how to read the signs, if the sign talks about discounts for 'puu sung aayu' (roughly translated at the old fart discount) tell them you're 'puu sung aayu' and watch them laugh.  9 times out of 10 they'll knock off some baht and charge you 10 or 20 baht more than Thais, or give you the Thai price, or they give you the discount.  If not, everyone goes away with a smile.  Oh, helps to be past 65.  Lol.

Edited by connda