Sun, sea, sand... and a £5bn sex trade: Seedy side of Brit crooks' Thai haven

webfact

Articles like this from the British gutter press really annoy me as they appeal to the ignorant, Clearly the writer has never been to Pattaya, otherwise they would know that it doesn't have a great beach with crystal clear waters. As to the pimping, which implies forced sex, that too is a lie. Articles like this with no newsworthiness should be banned. Seems the tabloids in UK just roll this same article out every year due to lack of originality or any proper research. Total disgrace.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the number of Brits visiting Thailand has halved in the past two years, the headline is very misleading..As for a few pounds, when a small Leo is 160 Baht, Bar fine 1,000, Lady drinks 300 and girls wanting 2-3k.....more like a few hundred quid on walking street for a night out.

19 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

You in your 70's now and still banging brassers?

Fair play there mate. 

66 and very healthy and fit.  Diet, nutrition, exercise, discipline and good karma. not necessarily in that order...

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The girls are lazy and prefer selling their bodies to old men that give them lots of money, as opposed to a young Thai man that earns a pittance. They also enjoy the party lifestyle.

Why else would so many do it? They can always work in the rice fields for 300 baht a day if they don't actually want to work in the bars.

It amazes me that so many posters that obviously don't know any bargirls as friends profess to know everything about them. I guess they get all their information from red top scandal trash UK papers.

How many days work each year are generated by planting  and harvesting rice ?

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The girls are lazy and prefer selling their bodies to old men that give them lots of money, as opposed to a young Thai man that earns a pittance. They also enjoy the party lifestyle.

Why else would so many do it? They can always work in the rice fields for 300 baht a day if they don't actually want to work in the bars.

It amazes me that so many posters that obviously don't know any bargirls as friends profess to know everything about them. I guess they get all their information from red top scandal trash UK papers.

Hmm, next time you're out on the trawl, ask one of these sex workers you laughingly refer to as "friends" if they'd be happy to let you break their daughters into the industry.

After all, if they prefer to sell their bodies to old men, surely those "friends" would prefer a punter they know and trust to ease their offspring gently into a life of exploitation and misery.

Tell us how you get on.

22 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Hmm, next time you're out on the trawl, ask one of these sex workers you laughingly refer to as "friends" if they'd be happy to let you break their daughters into the industry.

After all, if they prefer to sell their bodies to old men, surely those "friends" would prefer a punter they know and trust to ease their offspring gently into a life of exploitation and misery.

Tell us how you get on.

Well, I did get asked to break in a girl's younger sister. She was coming down from the farm in Korat to start earning some money. The older sister, who my wife and I had known for a couple of years, was helping her get into the industry....

3 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

Well, I did get asked to break in a girl's younger sister. She was coming down from the farm in Korat to start earning some money. The older sister, who my wife and I had known for a couple of years, was helping her get into the industry....

That's not a compliment, mate

It wouldn't have been a freebie

On 1/11/2018 at 1:01 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

It amazes me that so many posters that obviously don't know any bargirls as friends - it amazes me how many men I meet who think bar-girls are their friends....... how many other Thai friends do they have? Do they befriend the same girls?

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

It amazes me that so many posters that obviously don't know any bargirls as friends - it amazes me how many men I meet who think bar-girls are their friends....... how many other Thai friends do they have? Do they befriend the same girls?

You're right, Thais are employees or service staff, never friends.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

4 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Yeah, then you woke up and it was only another wet dream.

She would have to be under 12 yo and butt ugly if she even existed.

Written by some jealous female westerner who's boyfriend probably traded his life to be with her to be here. The article is full of errors also such as "It is a lucrative business, generating around £4.5billion a year – 10% of Thailand’s GDP." WRONG! Thailand's annual GDP is not £45 Billion and if her £4.5 Billion figure is right then it would only be 1% of the annual GDP. Why are these people always picking on Thailand? Don't they know there are hosts of other countries in the world that are just as "bad'!? 

All this bullshit journalist is doing is sparking interests of men all over the world. 

4 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

She was early 20's. Good looking apart from bad C-section scar. 

Not sure why you find it hard to believe. 

Hmmm. obviously your definition of "breaking in " a female is different.

Explain what you actually  mean by 'breaking in" a female please.

Just now, happyas said:

Obviously I don't mean first time sex. I am talking about selling sex to a foreigner for the first time. This younger sister had been in the village/farm up to that point. Almost no English and v. little contact with foreigners.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, Thai Ron said:

Expressing my opinion isn't the same as foisting my morality on others.

I don't give a toss if my opinion aligns with the majority or not but if you don't like what I have to say, please put me on ignore.

You argument is entirely self-serving - ie you want these people to remain in poverty and under-educated because it means you have 

a renewable source of women to pay peanuts for sex - that's your business but you don't have a right to not be offended by

my opinion on the matter any more than I do by your apparent inability to talk about anything but prostitution. 

Why would I put you on ignore when I always enjoy reading your posts? I disagree with everything you write though, and I wish you knew more about the subject so you were able to post some actual realities. For example, you write "to pay peanuts for sex". If only that were true. Sadly, it's not. 

However, it'd be really great if you stopped pretending that you can read my mind, or know anything about me, let alone claiming I want Thais to be poverty stricken.

The problem with posting about things you apparently know nothing about is that poverty did not drive any of the bargirls I knew to the night scene, and I'd say isn't a significant factor with most.

Anyway, by taking the easy path to ( they hope ) riches, they earn more than ever they would in the rice fields, or in a sweat shop, and get treated a whole lot better too. The party lifestyle is a big draw, along with perhaps finding a rich farang to marry them.

The reason I enjoy your posts is because you write things like

"but you don't have a right to not be offended by my opinion on the matter any more than I do by your apparent inability to talk about anything but prostitution".

which gives me a good laugh.

I'm not offended by anyone's opinion as long as they are not being personally offensive. It's a public forum, and as long as within the rules people can write whatever they like. We are all free to leave if we want to.

Goes both ways though, as I can write about stuff that you don't like.

I especially enjoyed your quip about how I only write about prostitution. If that were true I'd be a happy chappie indeed.

4 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Oh dear, another one that thinks they know everything about other posters, despite never having met them.

:cheesy:

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why would I put you on ignore when I always enjoy reading your posts? I disagree with everything you write though, and I wish you knew more about the subject so you were able to post some actual realities. For example, you write "to pay peanuts for sex". If only that were true. Sadly, it's not. 

However, it'd be really great if you stopped pretending that you can read my mind, or know anything about me, let alone claiming I want Thais to be poverty stricken.

The problem with posting about things you apparently know nothing about is that poverty did not drive any of the bargirls I knew to the night scene, and I'd say isn't a significant factor with most.

Anyway, by taking the easy path to ( they hope ) riches, they earn more than ever they would in the rice fields, or in a sweat shop, and get treated a whole lot better too. The party lifestyle is a big draw, along with perhaps finding a rich farang to marry them.

The reason I enjoy your posts is because you write things like

"but you don't have a right to not be offended by my opinion on the matter any more than I do by your apparent inability to talk about anything but prostitution".

which gives me a good laugh.

I'm not offended by anyone's opinion as long as they are not being personally offensive. It's a public forum, and as long as within the rules people can write whatever they like. We are all free to leave if we want to.

Goes both ways though, as I can write about stuff that you don't like.

I especially enjoyed your quip about how I only write about prostitution. If that were true I'd be a happy chappie indeed.

Now you're saying that poverty wasn't a motivating factor for any of the bargirls you've known during your long, illustrious tour of duty as a serial monger to enter the industry.

And with that BS goes your final sliver of credibility .......such as it ever was

1 minute ago, Thai Ron said:

Now you're saying that poverty wasn't a motivating factor for any of the bargirls you've known during your long, illustrious tour of duty as a serial monger to enter the industry.

And with that BS goes your final sliver of credibility .......such as it ever was

You are excelling yourself today, I see. Apparently when I write "poverty did not drive any of the bargirls I knew to the night scene" you think that ANY doesn't actually mean ANY, but something else. Sorry, but when I learned ANY in school, ANY actually meant ANY. Perhaps you can enlighten us as to your opinion of what ANY actually means, in your world.

:biggrin:

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, The Deerhunter said:

Thailand has an official labour shortfall of 60,000 to 100,000.  Without guest labour (Cambodians and Burmese) the economy would have problems.  Roughly a million working age men live in temples full time adding to the problems and in my province it seems impossible to get farm or housekeeper staff.  They all want to work for Kubota or Toyota at high wages and out of the sun.  Working in bars is merely a career choice made in accordance with available options.  Work 45 hours in a factory for 10,000 to 16,000 baht a month or party with your mates every night in nice clothes, booze and or Yaba supplied for the same or more money, AND with the possibility of meeting a rich farang....... For many girls who have to move to a different province to find work it is an easy choice.  And yes they do actually have to work to support Mum and an out of wedlock babe or two but they choose where they work.  Farms and housekeeping arn't cool any more.  Some posters should try getting staff before they become all P.C.

It's good to read something by someone that knows the reality as opposed to a silly faux morality myth that some posters want to believe.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's good to read something by someone that knows the reality as opposed to a silly faux morality myth that some posters want to believe.

You mean someone who's created an equally self-serving alternate reality in which poor young women are delighted to sell their bodies to old train wrecks.

Right

Edited by Thai Ron

1 hour ago, happyas said:

She told him it was her first day working bar?

6 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

find it a bit sad too to see elderly men trying justify their use of prostitutes by suggesting the women actually like it! Get real!

My guesstimate is 33% for money, 33% for party/booze/drugs and 33% for the varied sex.

I lived with one for a year that insisted on doing it 5x a day, doing it more than once/day certainly didn't get here any more money.

Also had a 2 week holiday gf in the Philippines, half my age, who wanted to do it 5x a day, almost killed me, didn't earn her any more money either.

Women are inherently unpredictable, and still surprising me with their strange activities and behaviors.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

2 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Obviously I don't mean first time sex. I am talking about selling sex to a foreigner for the first time. This younger sister had been in the village/farm up to that point. Almost no English and v. little contact with foreigners.

Shows what you are for not stopping it and sending her home, In the UK what would happen to you for that, a charge of pimping probably and shame, you could never hold you head up again in your home town.

Or is it just a dream?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thanks.  We have one of each jobs (farm work and housekeeper), AND an empty staff house waiting for ages.  Only alcoholics and ferals ever apply.  Only the housekeeper position is critical as wife has another business and I am retired.  We have done everything we can to reduce farm maintenance time and are running at reduced expectations while we try to work out a strategy for a zero labour future.  P.S. It is always sad to read these news reports about such happenings.  Poor lass.

Edited by The Deerhunter