Phuket governor orders a second land measurement of hotel’s land plot

webfact

Phuket governor orders a second land measurement of hotel’s land plot

By Thai PBS

beach.jpg

Phuket governor Mr Norapat Plodthong has ordered the provincial land official to conduct a second land measurement of Dusit Thani Laguna hotel’s land plot to determine whether its claimed beachfront area is private or public land.

The governor will also call a meeting with beachfront hotels or resorts for discussion to avoid a repeat of a recent incident in which a handful of foreign tourists who were resting on Lepang-Bang Thao beach in Thalang district were told to leave by staff of the Dusit Thani Laguna hotel.

The incident which was posted in the social media by a witness has sparked off a stream of criticism against the hotel.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/phuket-governor-orders-second-land-measurement-hotels-land-plot/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-01-11

The first claim was that the tourists were politely asked to move because they were sitting on the hotel's land.  Now, apparently, they were only asked to move because otherwise they might be injured by falling branches from the tree they were sitting under.

This new concern for the safety of tourists is very commendable and the hotel, instead of being criticized unfairly, should be congratulated on its humanity.   :sleep:

It will be interesting to see how long the new measuring of the hotel's plot takes and whether we will ever learn the real outcome. 

I just love the comments from those in Nakon Nowhere whom this doesn't concern in any way, shape or form.

I have seen the surveyors out and they take things quite seriously.

This is how the matter should be dealt with- keeping Ma-Ann and his cronies to one side.

Edited by Psimbo

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

I just love the comments from those in Nakon Nowhere whom this doesn't concern in any way, shape or form.

I have seen the surveyors out and they take things quite seriously.

This is how the matter should be dealt with- keeping Ma-Ann and his cronies to one side.

I think the measurement will confirm the hotel's stance. The problem will most likely be an incorrect chanote for which a considerable sum has been paid.

20 hours ago, johncat1 said:

So would the governor be on the board of directors of any of these hotels by any chance ?

Yes, absolutely- because he has only been in office a short while and these places have been here for years. Why are some people allowed unsupervised access to the internet?

On 1/11/2018 at 7:00 PM, stevenl said:

I think the measurement will confirm the hotel's stance. The problem will most likely be an incorrect chanote for which a considerable sum has been paid.

And there within lays the problem.  The paper says the land / beach is theirs, but a paper saying that particular land / beach is theirs should never have been issued. 

Thus, it's theirs, but not theirs.  :biggrin:

This is typical of the way truth and justice can be manipulated on on Phuket.  Of course, if all else fails, they can just blame a farang for moving the boundary posts.   :cheesy: