Karting

Gordons

I couldn't find a "fun/activities" forum so thought would try here..

I came across an archived post from 2008 talking about Rotax arrive and drive karts at Bira, Pattaya.

Think however that facility has been discontinued (the arrive and drive aspect).

Does anyone know the inside story as the only real alternative is the Rotax at Phuket Kart Speedway (was offered a shot of the 3000 bht racing one there too)

Didn't know that Bira ever had rental karts. Didn't know that Pattaya Kart Speedway had any Rotax engined ones. The only one's I've driven at Pattaya Kart Speedway are IAME Komet engined 100cc air cooled. That being said I haven't been there for a while. 

Edited by VocalNeal

There is some sort of go karting at Muang Thong Thani ...think around Challenger area ...google Impact Speed Park ...

Although having just watched the video ... they are not exactly quick ..

Edited by JAS21

20 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

There is some sort of go karting at Muang Thong Thani ...think around Challenger area ...google Impact Speed Park ...

Although having just watched the video ... they are not exactly quick ..

There is indeed a new(ish) Karting track on the old car park next to the lake in Muang Thong Thani and it looks quite well laid out, but I understand the actual Karts are electrically driven.

Hi - yes - I went to Impact yesterday! Nearly fell asleep at the wheel...

Tbh the facility is great all New karts safety training restarants staff parking all great but just too tame. Ideal for the family.

Yes re Pattaya it'll not be Rotax engines. Good speed hit but rough and a bit old.

Phuket still my favourite

2 minutes ago, DipStick said:

There is indeed a new(ish) Karting track on the old car park next to the lake in Muang Thong Thani and it looks quite well laid out, but I understand the actual Karts are electrically driven.

Yes electric.. tbh they could offer a higher output motor but the track is still a bit mickey mouse

2 minutes ago, Gordons said:

Yes electric.. tbh they could offer a higher output motor but the track is still a bit mickey mouse

Not being a Karter, I wouldn't know the standard of the track, but by saying well laid out, I meant it appears to be both a day and night track with lighting and a fair number of bends etc

2 minutes ago, Gordons said:

Also tried easy kart RCA today. Same same..

I suspect little Thais of about 55kg are setting these twisty track records...

The track at RCA is a little hairy in areas... 

Coming down the home straight we can either let off a little, or risk running slightly wide into the padded wall, which in itself is no major issue apart from the roof supports (metal girders) which are not flush with the wall or cushioning and would hurt if hit. 

I suspect some of the track records are tuned karts, quality & hot tires and little lads. 

----------------

Years ago I was on the track in Phuket with a couple of Thai friends - both were very good kart drivers. I just couldn't keep up with them and kept spinning out trying.... It turns out that the karts they had rented were a 'grade' higher, slightly wider and about 25cc more grunt.

4 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Not being a Karter, I wouldn't know the standard of the track, but by saying well laid out, I meant it appears to be both a day and night track with lighting and a fair number of bends etc

Yes it's very well laid out, just slow. I didn't use the brake at all

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The track at RCA is a little hairy in areas... 

Coming down the home straight we can either let off a little, or risk running slightly wide into the padded wall, which in itself is no major issue apart from the roof supports (metal girders) which are not flush with the wall or cushioning and would hurt if hit. 

I suspect some of the track records are tuned karts, quality & hot tires and little lads. 

----------------

Years ago I was on the track in Phuket with a couple of Thai friends - both were very good kart drivers. I just couldn't keep up with them and kept spinning out trying.... It turns out that the karts they had rented were a 'grade' higher, slightly wider and about 25cc more grunt.

Hi There, yes love the Phuket facility. Had a pleasant coffee with Newey (the owner I believe) 2 years ago.  To give you further comfort, there is a big difference between the 100cc karts there and the 125cc. Then there is the full power invitation only 125cc which I tried. Will get back there later this year.

At easy kart I'm full throttle into the first corner then sort out the mess on the way to the second apex  555555

this place is OK in Pattaya:

http://www.pattayakart.com/en/

proper 2 stroke 100cc direct chain drive karts (all be it old ones) and fairly inexpensive

I raced 100cc 2 stroke karts in the UK in the 90's and they are definitely proper old ex racing karts not the corporate 4 stoke karts many places use, they would be way more fun to drive if the steering geometry was set up better on them though :(

8 hours ago, jay1980 said:

this place is OK in Pattaya:

http://www.pattayakart.com/en/

proper 2 stroke 100cc direct chain drive karts (all be it old ones) and fairly inexpensive

I raced 100cc 2 stroke karts in the UK in the 90's and they are definitely proper old ex racing karts not the corporate 4 stoke karts many places use, they would be way more fun to drive if the steering geometry was set up better on them though :(

Yes been there many time over the years including last week. Same staff same 2 stroke karts good honest motorhead fun and not expensive