Buffett says he will never invest in cryptocurrencies

snoop1130

Buffett says he will never invest in cryptocurrencies

2018-01-10T141349Z_1_LYNXMPEE090WI_RTROPTP_4_BERKSHIRE-TAXES.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett talks to reporters prior to the Berkshire annual meeting in Omaha, Nebraska, U.S. on May 2, 2015. REUTERS/Rick Wilking/File Photo

(Reuters) - Berkshire Hathaway's Warren Buffett said on Wednesday he will never invest in cryptocurrencies.

"I can say almost with certainty that cryptocurrencies will come to a bad end," Buffett told CNBC in an interview.

Buffett's comments come a day after JPMorgan & Chase Chief Executive Jamie Dimon said he regrets calling bitcoin a fraud, referring to comments he made at a banking conference in September.

Bitcoin has taken the investing world by storm, surging to a high of more than $19,000 and created a divide on Wall Street about whether it is a legitimate financial instrument.

Bitcoin was down around 3 percent at $13,981.53.

(Reporting By Aparajita Saxena in Bengaluru; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-1-11

2 hours ago, Media1 said:

A old dinasour 

He may be old, he may be a dinosaur but Warren Buffett is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett

"He is considered by some to be one of the most successful investors in the world, and as of August 2017 is the second wealthiest person in the United States, and the fourth wealthiest in the world, with a total net worth of $86.3 billion.

So how much are you worth as a young chicken against the old dinosaur?

I sleep well with money invested in Buffet because I know storms come and come quickly and violently. When the next storm comes and we all lose money, I want my money invested in a cool head with his experience buyIng bargains while the rest of us worry about the end of the world. Peace 

He is great in what he does, but nobody is perfect at everything.

He didn't invest in Google, Apple, Amazon or Uber as well. Does it mean these were bad investments? Hardly.

He is just not keeping up with the technology and people forget that majority of the deals he has made were impossible to reach to retail investors. If you buy for 80 cents what other buy for $1 ... well it's hard to not make money.

15 hours ago, speedtripler said:

The man is almost 85

Soon, he will have to invest in nothing but a wooden box

It's unfair to keep asking him about future technology because as he often states he doesn't invest in anything he doesn't understand 

(even Microsoft, Google, amazon, Facebook,, etc) 

he is going 88, actually.

And still capable to use his brain properly a lot more than many "I-think-I-know-it-all" Crypto - Millennials

15 hours ago, speedtripler said:

The man is almost 85

Soon, he will have to invest in nothing but a wooden box

It's unfair to keep asking him about future technology because as he often states he doesn't invest in anything he doesn't understand 

(even Microsoft, Google, amazon, Facebook,, etc) 

Perhaps that is why he is incredibly rich. He invests in things that he DOES understand rather than things that he knows little about and probably cares less about.

Archived