Man suffers serious head injuries as motorbike slams into drain

webfact

Man suffers serious head injuries as motorbike slams into drain

Eakkapop Thongtub

1515994451_1-org.jpg

Pisanukarn Sasilaksanakun, 30, was unconscious with serious head injuries at the scene. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A 30-year-old Thai man suffered serious injuries when his motorbike slammed into a roadside drain in Srisoonthorn, central Phuket, early this morning (Jan 15).

Capt Kraisorn Boonprasop of Thalang Police was notified of the accident, opposite Hoi Sab Restaurant on Srisoonthorn Rd in Thalang, at 5:15am.

Rescue workers arrived at the scene to find a white Honda motorbike in the 1.5-metre-deep ditch on the side of the road.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-suffers-serious-head-injuries-as-motorbike-slams-into-drain-65550.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-15

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

what you want to say with this link?

F1 driving has nothing to do with everyday driving on a road. This is driving on the edge of physics and to reach a new height you have to go to the limits. This has nothing to do to be 5 minutes earlier at home or the first on the red light.

The better question would be, how difficult is it for the BIB to anwser the two questions in the last sentence of the original article.

There was no mention of whether or not Mr Pisanukarn was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident or whether police suspect alcohol was involved.
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-suffers-serious-head-injuries-as-motorbike-slams-into-drain-65550.php#eOPJiaM7MUIKkUpy.99

What also baffles me every time I read an accident article, it is every time the fault of the car or motorbike. I'll never read "Somchai was too f***ing drunken and has steered his bike in a drain".

Those cars/motorbikes here have a own life. They committing so many suicide.

5 hours ago, OttoPollmann said:

what you want to say with this link?

F1 driving has nothing to do with everyday driving on a road. This is driving on the edge of physics and to reach a new height you have to go to the limits. This has nothing to do to be 5 minutes earlier at home or the first on the red light.

The better question would be, how difficult is it for the BIB to anwser the two questions in the last sentence of the original article.

What also baffles me every time I read an accident article, it is every time the fault of the car or motorbike. I'll never read "Somchai was too f***ing drunken and has steered his bike in a drain".

Those cars/motorbikes here have a own life. They committing so many suicide.

The article says the man ended up in a ditch, you and another poster automatically assume he's a poor driver and/or that alcohol must be involved, neither of you considers whether he possibly has a health condition that caused the accident, was forced off the road, his bike suffered a mechanical failure, his front wheel went into a pothole, etc etc..My point is that neither one of you have any basis for your assumption other than it fits with your prefered picture of what happened and because it fits with your image of people in Thailand - that's what I wanted to say with the link.

The thing that I picked up from your post with the link simon 1490 was the fact that Get Real stated that "good driving skills never kills" and your link shows that even F1 drivers who do have good driving skills also get killed but it appears that OttoPollmann cannot understand that by the statement that your link has nothing to do with everyday driving.

There has been no claim that the rider was DUI or speeding or not wearing a helmet yet, but I would guess that with the serious head injuries he was not wearing a helmet at the time or he was wearing one of the cheap plastic helmets bought from the markets.

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

The thing that I picked up from your post with the link simon 1490 was the fact that Get Real stated that "good driving skills never kills" and your link shows that even F1 drivers who do have good driving skills also get killed but it appears that OttoPollmann cannot understand that by the statement that your link has nothing to do with everyday driving.

There has been no claim that the rider was DUI or speeding or not wearing a helmet yet, but I would guess that with the serious head injuries he was not wearing a helmet at the time or he was wearing one of the cheap plastic helmets bought from the markets.

Indeed, even good drivers have accidents and die, even very very good drivers.

Was he wearing a helmet? And if so, was it a high quality helmet?

Getting on a scooter, or a motorcycle anywhere in Thailand, much less Phuket, Phangan, Dark Tao, or Samui without a very good helmet, is like playing Russian Roulette with three or four bullets in the chamber. It is absolutely asking for problems. The degree of recklessness here is astounding. And many foreigners come here thinking "how much trouble could I get in on a little scooter, on a tropical island"? Well, the answer is alot. The amount of foreigners who are killed on the Southern islands is staggering. Most are not reported in the media. I had a friend who worked for Samui rescue for many years, and said the numbers were about 30-60 a month, on Samui, Phangan and Koh Tao. The official number is about 3 a month. Rider beware. Use as good a helmet as you can afford, and do not use these eggshells pieces of crap. They crack at the first impact, and what lies underneath them? Your skull, which is very delicate. 

Just ask yourself- do I have enough problems already, without a broken skull, or smashed head, or face injury, or lost eye? I have two friends who have been in motorbike accidents on Samui within the last two years. One still cannot walk, or talk or function on her own, from a motorbike accident, where she hit her head on the pavement going only 20 kph. The other one has lost alot of his mental capacity after hitting his head. He insisted for years he would never wear a helmet. Now, he seems 15 years older. 

I was told by a very reliable source. He did not have an agenda. He rescued alot of the survivors. He attended to alot of the ones who did not make it. The press here is highly censored. The report only what the so called leaders want them to report. Nothing else. Social media? Why would social media report these statistics? They report individual accidents, but not overall statistics. Anything you read about accidents on Samui in the media would be false.