Teenage girl shot as motorcyclists open fire on boyfriend

webfact

Teenage girl shot as motorcyclists open fire on boyfriend

By The Nation

A 19-year-old girl was shot and seriously injured late on Monday night while she was riding on the back of her boyfriend's motorcycle in Chon Buri's Sri Racha district, police said.

The incident occurred in front of a housing estate in Tambon Surasak.

The girl's boyfriend, Preecha (surname withheld), 20, told police that he was riding home with his girlfriend on the back seat of his motorcycle when he drove past two other motorcycles.

Preecha said he did not recognise the two motorcyclists but one of them opened fire on him. One of the bullets hit his girlfriend's abdomen, he said.

Police are continuing their investigation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30336355

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-16

3 hours ago, USPatriot said:

Seems to me there is more t the story.... a lot more.

there usually is with stories in the thai press, unfortunately the average thai journalist is too lazy and/or unprofessional to research and fact check when reporting a story

6 hours ago, samsensam said:

there usually is with stories in the thai press, unfortunately the average thai journalist is too lazy and/or unprofessional to research and fact check when reporting a story

Amen to that.

9 hours ago, USPatriot said:

Seems to me there is more t the story.... a lot more.

Exactly... he didn't know who these guys were, but knew they were targeting him and not the girlfriend or randomly shooting at people who passed them...

I'm pretty sure on this, but I don't think that in the 90s Thais were shooting each other in the street in Pattaya.

Something has really changed in Pattaya, and not for the better.

I know everything changes, but I don't understand why it's always for the worst, as happens now.

The smile went years ago, and it seems that whatever sanuk was left is fast disappearing as well.

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm pretty sure on this, but I don't think that in the 90s Thais were shooting each other in the street in Pattaya.

Something has really changed in Pattaya, and not for the better.

I know everything changes, but I don't understand why it's always for the worst, as happens now.

The smile went years ago, and it seems that whatever sanuk was left is fast disappearing as well.

selfish, self-centered, independent, disrespectful, lazy, glued-to-their-smartphone new generation of idiots who  can't see the sharp distinction between shooting enemy on the screen and in real life.

and nope, not only in Pattaya!

shootings are daily occurance in all major cities now From Amsterdam to Capetown and from Los Angeles to Angeles City/Philippines

8 billion!  almost on top of one another topped with scarce resources is perfect recipe for violent crime . 8 billion is just way too many, even a few World Wars in a hurry won't even make a dent to that number..

Edited by pattayadude

selfish, self-centered, independent, disrespectful, lazy, glued-to-their-smartphone new generation of idiots who  can't see the sharp distinction between shooting enemy on the screen and in real life.
and nope, not only in Pattaya!
shootings are daily occurance in all major cities now From Amsterdam to Capetown and from Los Angeles to Angeles City/Philippines
 8 billion!  almost on top of one another topped with scarce resources is perfect recipe for violent crime . 8 billion is just way too many, even a few World Wars in a hurry won't even make a dent to that number..

Plus this one was in Sriracha not Pattaya

12 hours ago, DMC1 said:

Plus this one was in Sriracha not Pattaya

I understand but this took place not too far from Pattaya regardless. I was quoting post #12 above.

"Thais were shooting each other in the street in Pattaya.

Something has really changed in Pattaya, and not for the better."

I understand but this took place not too far from Pattaya regardless. I was quoting post #12 above.
"Thais were shooting each other in the street in Pattaya.
Something has really changed in Pattaya, and not for the better."

Yes, it was really meant for post #12, seems to be the way the quote thingy misses bits off.