90 day reporting Soi Suan Plu

Is 90 day reporting in Soi Suan Plu possible, or will I have to travel 2 hours in a taxi to the other side of Bangkok to Chaeng Wattana?

I tried to do it online but I can't seem to get a confirmation that my submission is pending, plus it says that the site I'm accessing isn't safe.

Thanks.

There is no office you can report to at Soi Suan Plu (closed in 2009).
You only choice is Chaeng Wattana. 
You can take the BTS or MRT to Mo Chit and take a taxi. van or bus to there.
You can also do your reports by mail. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

Id overwhelmingly vote for "by mail"...

For me, it's always been spot on, and cheap -- I think I paid B37 x2 (letter to Immigration and return envelope) so less than B100 and with only a trip to my local PO to drop off the letter and get it scanned (because it's EMS)

So long as you haven't missed the mail-in option window of eligibility, IMHO, other than the internet option, I can't see going in person as being any better or beneficial .

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, new2here said:

Id overwhelmingly vote for "by mail"...

For me, it's always been spot on, and cheap -- I think I paid B37 x2 (letter to Immigration and return envelope) so less than B100 and with only a trip to my local PO to drop off the letter and get it scanned (because it's EMS)

So long as you haven't missed the mail-in option window of eligibility, IMHO, other than the internet option, I can't see going in person as being any better or beneficial .

It doesn't even have to be EMS, cheaper registered letter is ok.

It doesn't even have to be EMS, cheaper registered letter is ok.

True... I just chose/choose EMS for the visibility and independent "verification" of it... but yes... you could drive the cost down markedly by going with just "normal" post... true.

Just now, new2here said:

True... I just chose/choose EMS for the visibility and independent "verification" of it... but yes... you could drive the cost down markedly by going with just "normal" post... true.

No, you can't use normal post.   Immigration ask reports to be sent by registered post, which is trackable, normal post isn't.  EMS is another level above registered.

No, you can't use normal post.   Immigration ask reports to be sent by registered post, which is trackable, normal post isn't.  EMS is another level above registered.

My bad.. but again, larger point im trying to make (and cede you are correct in the cost differential) that while there may be cheaper options than EMS.. IMHO will always (as I see it) be the between balance between cost and time efficient ... over going in person.

PS: I always thought that normal post wasn't explicitly disallowed/prohibited by Immigration in these matters, thus making it an option (albeit IMHO foolish for the lack of transparency) but I do agree that registered is marginally cheaper than EMS.

5 hours ago, new2here said:

My bad.. but again, larger point im trying to make (and cede you are correct in the cost differential) that while there may be cheaper options than EMS.. IMHO will always (as I see it) be the between balance between cost and time efficient ... over going in person.

PS: I always thought that normal post wasn't explicitly disallowed/prohibited by Immigration in these matters, thus making it an option (albeit IMHO foolish for the lack of transparency) but I do agree that registered is marginally cheaper than EMS.

Immigration want the report sent by registered post in case there is any dispute about it's receipt by them.  If ordinary post is used late reporters could claim it was lost in the post and try to escape a fine, registered (or EMS if you just want to spend more money for no reason) post can be traced.

Very useful info. Thank you all.

My 90 day reporting is due on the 30th of this month. If I send the docs by registered mail; this is best done how many days in advance?

Last, I send them copy of passport, immigration form and en envelop with a stamp of how much in Baht?

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Flow said:

My 90 day reporting is due on the 30th of this month. If I send the docs by registered mail; this is best done how many days in advance?

Last, I send them copy of passport, immigration form and en envelop with a stamp of how much in Baht?

When to mail it depends upon the office you are mailing it to. Many will accept it if they receive it 7 days before the report date. Bangkok immigration want it mailed at least 15 days before the report date but will accept if mailed later and put a note along with the receipt when they send it.

From the page I posted a link to in post #2. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day 

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    - front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
    - current visa
    - last entry stamp of immigration
    - last extension of visa
  2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
  4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don't forget to sign name.)
  5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.