Visa extension based on marriage (Chaeng Watthana)

Today I went to Chaeng Watthana. Arrived there about 8:15am. Already a long queue in front of the Immigration office which will open 8:30.
I had to take a queue number (I still don't know for what) then wait in the queue. The number was actually for nothing but you need to have one for allowed to enter. but you give the queue number in front of the Immigration office the the officer.
At the Service Desk i became the Visa document and I proceed to the queue for extension of visa (counter L). Then had to wait same many of the other persons. While this time I filled out the form for extend stay in the Kingdom.

Around 11am we could go to the counter which checked my documents and so far everything seems in order. this took about 5 minutes and I also became a paper with the information about overstay and their fines/banes, which I had to sign, then out and wait my number for the real officer.

About 11:30 we can go and the officer checked every document again and as well some of the original documents. Ask a few questions about where we life, how long we know each other.
After this we had to move to another desk where all the information was entered in a computer and a new paper was printed out, which we had to sign (Both).
Then the third desk (I think a senior officer which had a short check again, and again some signatures to made. about 12 clock she realize I not had a copy of my TM6... so she told I should go run downstairs for a copy of the TM6 and bring it back to her.. not need to wait for queue. So I hurried because now the announcement for leaving everybody because of lunchtime.... but I could make the copy and bring it back to the senior immigration officer.. she was waiting.

All in all I had to say all the persons working there were very friendly.

The documents I was bringing with me:
  • Passport
  • 1 passport picture of me
  • Copy of Passport (Front page, Page with Visa and Entry stamp) everything on one A4
  • Copy of Yellow Book (Front page, Page with my name) (Original nobody wanted to see)
  • Pink ID card 
  • Copy of my Pink ID card
  • ID card of my wife
  • Copy of ID Card of my wife
  • Copy of Tambien Ban (Blue Book) of my wife (Original was with us, but nobody wanted see them)
  • Marriage certificate (Extract from record of marriage ICCS) from Switzerland
  • Copy of marriage certificate
  • KorKor 22
  • Copy of KorKor 22
  • Bank Book (Deposit)
  • Bank letter including a copy of all the pages from the bank book (was made by the bank.. thanks)
  • 4 pictures of us (2 were we stay in front of our condo door to see the room and house number of the condo) all 4 pictures printed on one A4
  • A printed map of our condo
  • Copy of TM6 (this I forgot.. so had to do there)

Shortly after 12 we were finished with everything and I can go again for pickup my extension on February 16. The 90 day notification she also has done right away.

As this was my first extension I not knew what I had to expect. So after I have done it, I must admit it's not that horrible to do.
Except of the 4 hours spend at the Immigration but was actually expecting something worse...

• Like 1

Well, the worst is certainly over. However, I assume they gave you an under consideration stamp, and you must return in about 30 days for the confirmed one-year extension, right?

On Chaeng Wattana immigration, although it is a bit of a madhouse, I agree they are generally professional and friendly. The official requirements must be met, but they are not stupid about photos not being exactly how they want them, or insisting on hand written maps.

• Like 1

My Non-O (Spouse) from Singapore, expires on the 13th Feb (last day of use). I am out of the country till the 8th. If i rock up to immigration at CW on Monday the 12th, do you reckon I could get a one year visa extension based on Marriage ???

Does the wife have to go with you to immigration at CW first time of application ?

What is the KorKor 22 ?

3 hours ago, Rigpig123 said:

My Non-O (Spouse) from Singapore, expires on the 13th Feb (last day of use). I am out of the country till the 8th. If i rock up to immigration at CW on Monday the 12th, do you reckon I could get a one year visa extension based on Marriage ???

Does the wife have to go with you to immigration at CW first time of application ?

What is the KorKor 22 ?

Is your visa a single or multiple entry non-o visa. You would  not be extending your visa you will be extending the 90 day entry from it for one year.

If a multiple entry you will get another 90 day entry. Which means you will not be able to apply for the extension for about 45 days after you enter the country.

If a single entry you will only get a 30 day visa exempt entry unless you got a re-entry permit to keep the 90 day entry from it valid.

As said your wife must be with you for every extension application.

The Kor Ror 22 is a foreign marriage registry done by an Amphoe. If married here you need a Kor Ror 2.

It is a Multi Entry Non-O. Last day of entry would be on the 13th Feb, but I will be back in Thailand 8th Feb.

So you don't get another Visa pasted in to your passport when you do your marriage extension then ?!?!

So, you reckon I could wait 45 days, then apply for a new visa, and then when that comes back I can get 

a multi entry exit permit !?!?

10 minutes ago, Rigpig123 said:

It is a Multi Entry Non-O. Last day of entry would be on the 13th Feb, but I will be back in Thailand 8th Feb.

So you don't get another Visa pasted in to your passport when you do your marriage extension then ?!?!

So, you reckon I could wait 45 days, then apply for a new visa, and then when that comes back I can get 

a multi entry exit permit !?!?

You don't get a visa at immigration. It is a one year extension for your 90 day permit to stay. The extension is done as a stamp.

Your visas expiration date (enter before) means nothing other than it being the last day you can enter and get new 90 day entry.

You can apply for the extension up to 45 days before the date the 90 day entry ends. You can apply at anytime during those 45 days.

After you get the one year extension stamp you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht that will be valid for entry to the date your extension ends.

Was at immigration for extension on Tuesday and discovered a change in procedure from last year. As the OP stated there are now three different desks one must go to: 1. Paperwork check and receive three documents to fill out about rules and address, then sit and wait for que number to be called again. 2. Second desk paperwork check and stamps on documents, then sit and wait for another officer to check documents again and ask questions. 3. Return to crowd seating and wait for name to be called to get passport with extension (changed to retirement this time.) Took a little over 2 hours from first desk to getting passport with extension. 90 day report took 1 and a half hours with que number 112. 

• Like 1

On ‎19‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 11:24 PM, BritTim said:

Well, the worst is certainly over. However, I assume they gave you an under consideration stamp, and you must return in about 30 days for the confirmed one-year extension, right?

Yes you are correct....

I will going to make 1 year extension based on marriage soon.  Local immigration provided for me the same requirements about money in a bank:

On 1/19/2018 at 1:30 PM, HampiK said:
  • Bank Book (Deposit)
  • Bank letter including a copy of all the pages from the bank book (was made by the bank.. thanks)

The question: is it necessary to show that money came from abroad? Cache was got from ATM, and seasoning now. ATM transactions papers lost.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Does it enough 12 days to apply extension?  I will have 12 days allowed for stay into Thailand (90 day period) when money seasoning will be completed. Looks like the OP will spent about 1 month (January 19 - February 16) for extension.

So far I understand, you have to apply before your visa or extension expired. When you apply you will become a "under consideration stamp" which will extend your stay for the 4 weeks, till you can pickup your new extension.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it is enough.

I am always surprised again how many times you help people here in the VISA section and how fast mostly you answer questions.

Thanks...

• Like 1

One more question about seasoning period. There is the condition about 3 month on paper that I was given in immigration:

"Letter and copy of saving bank book reflecting not less than 400.000 baht. By showing the saving account statement for 3 month earlier."

Is this period really not 60 days? I missed the figure 3 months previously and thought that required period is 60 days.

15 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

One more question about seasoning period. There is the condition about 3 month on paper that I was given in immigration:

"Letter and copy of saving bank book reflecting not less than 400.000 baht. By showing the saving account statement for 3 month earlier."

Is this period really not 60 days? I missed the figure 3 months previously and thought that required period is 60 days.

For an extension of stay based upon marriage it has to be in the bank for 2 months on the date of application.

Requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18

• Thanks 1

Today was the day I could pick up my extension.

I was at Chaeng Watthana about 8:30 (Today very nice day as almost no traffic jam in Bangkok).

I became Queue number 5 for pick up (was surprised that the pickup take still that long but this is Thailand).

After that I took a queue for Re-Entry Permit and for a Residence certificate (they told I can try but without a 90 day report before they don't think will work).

So the Re-Entry permit took about 1 hour all in all. At that time I checked for the Residence certificate and I calculated, that I would have to wait much longer than after the lunch break to ask for that.. So I decided to leave without that one.

What I want this residence certificate for? I want to do a driver license.

So because It was just around 11am, my wife told we can go short to Mo Chit and ask about what exactly is needed for this driver license. So next week I could prepare and go again to do it.

Yes why not... So we go ask there and they told. need proove of address (which we have by Yellow Book). Actually then only missing thing was the medical certificate. They girl at the counter told I should go downstair and ask a motorbike to bring me to a clinic. (100 baht for medical, 60 baht for the motorbike) and I am back with all needed paperwork... of course I had to pay about 15 baht for all the neccessary copies.

• Passport (Copy of main page, visa page)
  • Yellow Book 
  • My swiss driver license
  • Medical certificate (weight, height, blood pressure, check if I can see red and green, and the question if I am OK)

The girl at the first desk who gave this information told I should try.. but can't guarantee that this will work without residence certificate. So what I have to loose... I will try.

She shortly checked the documents and then gave me a queue number. So I start with the first part on floor 2. The girl there checked every copy and always wanted to see the original as well. After about 10 minutes she finished and I could go to the 3rd floor where I had to wait about 20 minutes and then had to do 4 tests, about 10 minutes for all those 4 tests (color, wide angle vision, break and a test which I guess should show if you can see distances correct).

After this tests I had to go to the 4th floor where I had to go into a room with about 20 Thais to look a video. about 60% of the video had subtitles in English.. the rest was Thai only. this video was about 1 hour. It was boring as I read already from other members. 

After that I could go again to second floor, and I payed my 310 baht (205 for car, 105 for motorbike) license. Ohh you have to make a set of copy for every license.

So at the end I was happy, that I not waited for the residence certificate at Immigration which I not even was sure to become (as I not had a 90 day report yet). So Today I have the finally extension valid till next February, multi re-entry permit in my passport and as well I am an owner of 2 license (car and motorbike).

Seems I was happy and I not was expecting this outcome today. Actually only want go to ask about what is needed, as on the phone it was difficult to become some answers.

P.S. I had an international driving license as well but the information told me that this one is the old format and is not accepted anymore. So I only used my swiss driving license in credit card format. The Pink ID card they also looked at and told not know about them... they prefer passport. 

• 10 months later...

Today I was going to Chaeng Wattana for my second extension.

I arrived this time about 7:30am and became the queue number 179. Inside I received the Number L12 (10 person ahead).

The requirements were about the same as last year, except that I had to show a TM30 (Notification from Housemaster) and the TM47 (90 Day report). Especially the TM30 was not necessary last time. I had both documents. She only told "where is the 24h reporting… if not have go counter G". This because I not gave this documents right away. But no problem at all.

Another new requirement this time here was, that I had to put 100 baht into my account, update my bank book and copy.. and show this again. Then about 10am I was finished and they told I should come back again in 4 week for pickup my extension.

She also told, that I have to update the Bankbook again on the day of pickup and present a copy of the bankbook.

But all in all again quite easy.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Were they requiring the TM30 from you as a renter-occupant, or as an owner of a condo?

I am the owner. But I guess also as renter they would ask for the TM30 receipt.

2 minutes ago, HampiK said:

I am the owner. But I guess also as renter they would ask for the TM30 receipt.

Thanks!   What makes you say that, about guessing they'd also want it from a renter?

BKK CW for many years has NEVER required TM30s from renters... But lately, there have been some sporadic reports that they've begun doing so. Some have said yes they are. Others have said no they're not.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thanks!   What makes you say that, about guessing they'd also want it from a renter?

this is my guessing, as the TM30 receipt she want see. She asked first about where is the 24 hours notification. And because I am the owner, I could report myself.

If this is not needed for renter then then it's a lucky thing for renter, but I would not count on it.

One more important notice. This TM30 I had, was from September 2017 and I left the country after. But this seems to be OK. As she only want to see the receipt of a notification, which is the same as on the extension. I am still not sure if have to to new TM30 every time you leave the country or not. So I tried and was lucky.. also lucky that I already had one. Because at that time (2017) everybody was telling, that this is not needed in Bangkok.