Magic keyboard

tgeezer

I just wonder if there is anyone who knows how to find the magic keyboard battery level used with an iPad. The thing cost quite a lot of dosh and it seems unacceptable that one is expected to wait until it no longer works to know that the battery is too low. 

I think that I have tried everywhere except Apple menu which was suggested but doesn’t seem to exist on my iPad. One suggestion was to go to Control and scroll down to widgets but I can’t see how to do that. Are you suggesting something like that? I have had the keyboard for about a year and have seen a battery level in the past but apple updates so often nothing stays the same for long.  

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

I think that I have tried everywhere except Apple menu which was suggested but doesn’t seem to exist on my iPad. One suggestion was to go to Control and scroll down to widgets but I can’t see how to do that. Are you suggesting something like that? I have had the keyboard for about a year and have seen a battery level in the past but apple updates so often nothing stays the same for long.  

Go to the home screen and swipe right to bring up the today screen, click edit for widgets and add battery widget.

Thanks everyone. I found the bastard. Swipe from the top and you get notifications, there are several pages, swiping right gets another page of stuff like SirI suggestions, tips etc. which I perhaps should look at occasionally,  keep scrolling down and batteries come up . If the keyboard is paired the battery level shows up. 

Archived