"Most Hated German in Thailand" converts to Islam - hopes new Muslim name will help him sidestep Thai blacklist

webfact

21 hours ago, Travel2003 said:

It is the most common name in the world.

Muslims, just like Christians, do not have a book with all the names.

I think that is more a national thing.

Anyway,

I wonder when this guy are getting older, if he looks back with pride in his adventures, or what his family think these days when they read about him.

Why? what's wrong? he hasn't hurt anybody, looking back he will probably chuckle, a life of adventure, one of life's artists, those with boring 9 to 5 jobs loaded with a mortgage two kids and a moaning wife who wants to feel the wind in her hair in Paris and constant fear of not being able to pay the bills will have nothing to look back on, their live's will be covered with the veil of boredom.

•  

"Most Hated German in Thailand" converts to Islam - hopes new Muslim name will help him sidestep Thai blacklist

MH.jpg

Serial beggar Benjamin Holst - given the moniker of the Most Hated German in Thailand - has converted to Islam.

Now he hopes that his new name - Benjamin Mohamed Drammeh - will help give him a new identity and a chance to get back to Thailand one day.

German law does not provide the possibility of a name change in this case. but he still has the option to adopt his wife's name.

• 1 month later...

Here is a new interview with Mr. Holst, who claims that nobody interviews him, just bases the stories on rumors and tidbits from his Facebook page.

"Thailand—never again"

The media in Thailand still calls him "The most hated German in Thailand". Benjamin Holst is currently begging for a living in the Canary Islands, and vows never to return to Asia. "The media never left me alone", he tells Thailands Tidende.

a.jpg

• Like 1