Thai national, male 23yo, fluent in German is looking for a job in security

My stepson finished army and is now looking for a job, preferably as a guard e.g for a condo complex or similar. He finished school in Germany, so his command of german is really good and he speaks english, too. 

Before he went to army he worked as an electrician, but he thinks that in the security business there is a better chance for him to work and go to college. He lives in Chonburi area already, going to work won´t be a problem.

He always tells me that finding work by himself is a problem as his left arm is tattoed all over and he has a degree from Germany that employers won´t accept. Please pm me, if you have an job offer for him.

For any Thai fluent in German, a security guard job would be very, very low-paid and would not lead to anything. He must know this. Social mobility is limited in Thailand so, unlike the West, there is no point starting at the bottom if you have skills with commercial value.

I wish him luck and I admire your trying on his behalf. The big picture may require a rethink.

How about a driver/gopher/bodyguard for a German national or German company in Thailand. Far better paid and may lead to valuable long-term contacts.

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

How about a driver/gopher/bodyguard for a German national or German company in Thailand. Far better paid and may lead to valuable long-term contacts.

Yes...this is an option better than being a condo guard. I used to know a Thai guy who worked at the US embassy in security screening, I think the process of employment was rigorous but great job. Perhaps he can inquire at the German embassy in BKK about possible openings with his background.

12 hours ago, MikeRay said:

He will go to college in April, the Job is on top. He already found out that he needs further education when he was working as an “electrician“. We pay for college and are willing to double his income for a living.

I know that several travel agencies catering to German customers in Pattaya are looking for Thai staff (maybe part-time work is possible) that can speak German. Have a look at the FARANG MAG or HALLO MAG where those companies usually advertise their jobs.

Or he could create his own cheap small-ad in those two publications

Archived