Thai Post Office promises swift action as diamond ring goes missing in the mail

webfact

Many, many years ago I went on a truck trip across Africa in a group. One of the girls in the group was really quite dippy (not really on the ball).

The rest of us realised she must have inherited it from her mother, who sent her daughter a package to the post restante on her list.

On the customs declaration, her mother had written: "Shirts, underwear, £20 cash". Guess the only item missing.

I have lost so many mail at the Doisaket post office, they told me I should use EMS, does it mean there is no normal post nowadays ? does it mean only EMS  is safe ? Once I asked how much to post by EMS at Kad Suan Kaew post office, it was almost 1000 baht, so I did not post and then went to another office next day , it was only about 500 bahts. Anything my family or friends post to me not EMS will be missing , my sisters send 3 X,mas cards in one big envelop, because it was a big envelop, it was missing too. So now everything has to be posted by EMS. Yes, it could still be missing be chance is less.

Even EMS is a joke, sent a key to the US via EMS Express Mail service, item was swallowed up at US Customs in LAX but Thai EMS would / will do absolutely nothing;  they wouldn't even run a trace 

The concept of paying for extra SERVICE is foreign to them.   All EMS Express Mail @ 1,350 THB buys you is a two day trip to the Airport transfer facility, from then on you are on you own 

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Many, many years ago I went on a truck trip across Africa in a group. One of the girls in the group was really quite dippy (not really on the ball).

The rest of us realised she must have inherited it from her mother, who sent her daughter a package to the post restante on her list.

On the customs declaration, her mother had written: "Shirts, underwear, £20 cash". Guess the only item missing.

Just because some people have fetishes about underwear doesn't make them bad people....................:smile:

Still makes them thieves though....................:tongue: