Post Code Or Zip Code Pattaya

bolt

Whilst Libya is indeed correct that Pattaya's post office code is 20260, Pattaya is a non-delivery post office.

Mail received there is re-sent to Banglamung 20150 to be sorted and delivered. That's why the post boxes around town have 20150 on, not 20260.

So if you write 20150 on your post then it will go straight to Banglamung to be delivered instead of Pattaya PO thence to Banglamung.

And that also cuts out one step where farang addressed post can be 'lost'.

Whilst Libya is indeed correct that Pattaya's post office code is 20260, Pattaya is a non-delivery post office.

Mail received there is re-sent to Banglamung 20150 to be sorted and delivered. That's why the post boxes around town have 20150 on, not 20260.

So if you write 20150 on your post then it will go straight to Banglamung to be delivered instead of Pattaya PO thence to Banglamung.

And that also cuts out one step where farang addressed post can be 'lost'.

So should I change my personal address letters and business cards to 20150?

Surely, letters automatically go to Banglamung Post Office for sorting, when addressed 20260?

I understand that a postcode 20260 is to identify where I am in Pattaya, ie. near Pattaya Klang, whereas if I lived up in Naklua I would be 20150?

• 1 year later...

Too late for me - good explanation and comment spot on - just lost 2 credit cards and a phone sent to 20260 instead of 20150, despite being sent signed for. On the subject of addresses can anyone explain how the Moo system works. I have a map showing quite clearly my village is bang :o:D:D in the middle of an area clearly indicated as Moo 6, but nobody seems to use Moo 6, they just seem to use Moo 1. Any explanations ?

Too late for me - good explanation and comment spot on - just lost 2 credit cards and a phone sent to 20260 instead of 20150, despite being sent signed for. On the subject of addresses can anyone explain how the Moo system works. I have a map showing quite clearly my village is bang :o:D:D in the middle of an area clearly indicated as Moo 6, but nobody seems to use Moo 6, they just seem to use Moo 1. Any explanations ?

It's hard to believe that the loss of 2 credit cards and a phone has something to do with the zipcode.

I'm living on the dark side and I'm using 20150 AND 20260. Of course, there's also mail I didn't receive, but that has nothing to do with the zipcodes.

My ToT bills are addressed to the 20150 postal code, but the rest of my mail uses the 20260 code. That's also to code I use when applying for Residency certificates.

Haven't had any mail not arrive (that I know of).

I used to have mail delivered to 20260. However, someone once sent me something from Bangkok, and the lady at the post office had crossed out 20260, and written 20150. So, for incoming mail, You need to use 20150. My mother has had mail delivered to her address using 20260 for years and all packages have been delivered no problems.. I wouldn't worry about it if you have already used 20260.

Also, about the Moo.. I don't always use Moo when receiving mail, so I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you have clearly your soi , soi number , house number ect.

The Moo numbers and the house numbers are a law unto themselves. Don't try to figure it out - there's no logic and you will get brain ache.

The only people who know the location of all the Moos and house numbers are the postmen.

My soi doesn't have a name or number. I only have a moo number and a house number.

To my knowledge I have never had any mail go astray, and I receive quite a lot of local mail, mail from Bangkok and mail from overseas. I have also received packages and parcels, local and overseas. The postman is brilliant.

Post code 20150. :o

I just use:

Meg_2003

xxx/xx Soi Arunothai x

Pattaya Klang

Nongprue, Banglamung

Chonburi 20150

Never had any problems yet, never used the Moo due to not being sure of the exact one. Different people use different Moo's around here...

Edited by Meg_2003

I just use:

Meg_2003

xxx/xx Soi Arunothai x

Pattaya Klang

Nongprue, Banglamung

Chonburi 20150

Never had any problems yet, never used the Moo due to not being sure of the exact one. Different people use different Moo's around here...

All my official documents when posted to me state ''20150'' as the post code, and no mention of Pattaya only Chonburi

Regards

JOHN

If you are sending anything of value to another country, do NOT use the postal service; pretty much a given anywhere regardless of the destination postal code. Even if the consigner is paying extra for 'registered' or 'tracked' mail, in most instances, it has absolutely no value once that article of mail leaves the originating country and enters Thailand. For credit cards, cellphones, etc., I would recommend the higher cost of a courier service. DHL and FedEx are well represented here in Pattaya.

Regarding local 'in-country' priority or 'valuable' mail, I understand that the Thai Post Office EMS service has an excellent track record and embassies recommend it for return of passports, legal documents, etc.

Mr. Farangtingtong

112/xxx, Moo 10

20150 Thailand

Meg_2003

xxx/xx Soi Arunothai x

Pattaya Klang

Nongprue, Banglamung

Chonburi 20150

Hi,

Condo management told me to use :

Mr. Farang TingTong

xx/xxx Moo 10 Pattaya Tai

Pattaya City 20260

It's short and easy, and I do receive my mail :o

Hi,

Condo management told me to use :

Mr. Farang TingTong

xx/xxx Moo 10 Pattaya Tai

Pattaya City 20260

It's short and easy, and I do receive my mail :o

I dont think its a problem whether you use 20150 or 20260 because they are both Pattaya anyway. 20260 is Pattaya post office. 20150 is Banglamung post office. Incoming mail is to be taken to Banglamung post office for delivery, so all mail addressed to 20260 will be re-directed to 20150, because 20260 don't accept incoming mail.

I was sending something to a mate in Pattaya, he didn't give me the post code so I got the girl at the post office to look it up. He got the mail but later told me she had given me the wrong postcode.

They aren't as advanced here with post codes yet.

I was sending something to a mate in Pattaya, he didn't give me the post code so I got the girl at the post office to look it up. He got the mail but later told me she had given me the wrong postcode.

Can you remember what the codes were?

She probably gave him the 'Pattaya' 20260 code instead of the Banglamung 20150.

The one the post office gave me was 20000 but can't remember the real one.

The one the post office gave me was 20000 but can't remember the real one.

20000 is for Chonburi main post office

• 10 months later...