TMN/SOPHON TV and Internet

couchpotato

I need TV and Internet for 6-9 mths for a temp house stay.

I know I can get TRUE and 3bb etc to cover both...but a bit over the top for temp use.

So firstly how do people find Sophon and TMN srvice (I think TMN have a digital service).

Secondly please give your experiences (good or bad) with the TV/Internet combined service for both TMN and Sophon.

Thanks in advance for any help.

There have been many good reports about Sophon internet

TMN not many reports at all.

3BB and ToT also have Tv packages but  not much English language and more expensive that Sophon.

I would try Sophon first  they have a small office on South Pattaya road near the junction  with 3rd road

opposite side to Friendship.

I have a condo with a 3BB 18/1.8 Mbps ADSL package.  The building also offers TMN Fibre internet access -- bona fide FTTH with a fibre cable terminating at the living room wall in my living room.

Last year I tested the two available TMN Fibre internet packages -- 20/7 Mbps and 30/10 Mbps -- and was not impressed.  3BB ADSL consistently was faster for overseas web sites than TMN Fibre.  Within Thailand, speed tests showed close to advertised speed, but they dropped drastically for overseas access.

Here's part of the data from my tests.  I attempted to get different days of the week and different times of day.  Across the board, TMN Fibre came up short.  Their 20/7 Mbps results were, of course, even worse.

TMN.gif.10f138da79b0a15a6ff45862f66a47b0.gif

On the plus side for TMN is that you can opt on a month-by-month basis to subscribe for FTTH service, no contract involved.  You do need to pay for the modem, which was B2,000, but other than that you can try the service to see for yourself for just a single month's fee.

One of these days, I might try another month of TMN FTTH to see if it has improved.  Since I already have the modem, all I'd pay is the monthly fee, which I think was B999 (?) for the 30/10 plan.  I know the 20/7 plan was B599, as I have the flyer for that.