School director vows to fight claims of ‘taking away’ girl, 14

webfact

School director vows to fight claims of ‘taking away’ girl, 14

By Prasit Tangprasert 
The Nation

0ab1a9ce596449ffc54ab74411b4093a.jpeg

File photo: Nathapop Boonthongtho

The 51-year-old Nakhon Ratchasima school director, accused of having an inappropriate intimate relationship with a 14-year-old Mathayom 2 schoolgirl, claimed on Sunday that the accusation stemmed from internal conflict at the school.

He also said that incriminating Line chat messages cited against him were “doctored”. He claimed the accusations were made because some people at the school were unhappy that he had brought about many changes after landing the top post.

Nathapop Boonthongtho, the director of Ban Patong Thanoen Samakkee School in Bua Yai district, was suspended from work pending a serious disciplinary probe.

He is also facing a police investigation for “taking away” a minor under 15 from the parents for lewd act.

However, he insisted he was framed and would provide testimony to a court. He also said he would meet police on February 7 as summoned, and would prepare the assets to apply for his release on bail. 

Nathapop already met police last week to hear initial charges of “taking away” a minor and libel. Police have said that they will investigate further and Nathapop may also face the charge of raping a minor under 15.

Acting provincial education chief Suwit Srichai said the serious disciplinary inquiry against Nathapop would begin next week. He said the inquiry would work swiftly and fairly, as this case had caught a lot of public attention and had tarnished public confidence in the teaching profession.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30337937

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-05

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He also said that incriminating Line chat messages cited against him were “doctored”. He claimed the accusations were made because some people at the school were unhappy that he had brought about many changes after landing the top post.

Yikes! . . . Miami Vice has got nothing on this unfolding drama/tragedy/comedy/farce of what you might call a seriously contrasting war of words between our 'victimised' school head and a growing number of female pupils and parents who accuse him of unspeakable sins against their persons. I did wonder, though, at last week's news that he had tried - unsuccessfully in typical half-hearted Thai fashion - to hang himself. Was that due to guilt or despair?

Either this guy's a better story-teller than Agatha Christie or his efforts to 'tidy up the place', after taking over at the school, have ruffled too many feathers - too many 'old-school' teachers, cleaners, care-takers resentful of his attempts to improve things. You can just picture it . . . Well, I can! And, do you know what . . . I have a feeling that he may be not the bad guy that a bunch of embittered and grudge-bearing females are cracking him up to be.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He also said that incriminating Line chat messages cited against him were “doctored”

Hmm, how can you actually do this?

As far as I know, you can delete messages on your own device, but you can’t doctor them. 

Even when you delete them, on your own device, they remain on the other devices that were part of a conversation. 

Edited by Bluespunk

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He claimed the accusations were made because some people at the school were unhappy that he had brought about many changes after landing the top post.

wow, this guy could be the government spokesman; does the deny,deny,deflect dance well

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

Yikes! . . . Miami Vice has got nothing on this unfolding drama/tragedy/comedy/farce of what you might call a seriously contrasting war of words between our 'victimised' school head and a growing number of female pupils and parents who accuse him of unspeakable sins against their persons. I did wonder, though, at last week's news that he had tried - unsuccessfully in typical half-hearted Thai fashion - to hang himself. Was that due to guilt or despair?

Either this guy's a better story-teller than Agatha Christie or his efforts to 'tidy up the place', after taking over at the school, have ruffled too many feathers - too many 'old-school' teachers, cleaners, care-takers resentful of his attempts to improve things. You can just picture it . . . Well, I can! And, do you know what . . . I have a feeling that he may be not the bad guy that a bunch of embittered and grudge-bearing females are cracking him up to be.

As I remember that was a teacher who tried to hang himself as the police arrived at his  house , this is a school director. Two different cases.

...semantics....???

...will this scoundrel predator neglecting his responsibilities and the professional conduct code.......'becoming involved,  in whatever way, shape or form, with a minor'....be allowed to argue that 'he never took her away'....???

.....this is too sick.....

...they should be launching a full investigation interviewing students that may have 'come in contact with him' throughout his illustrious career....