Insider source: Former director general of police at end of money trail from soapy massage scandal - 300 million baht involved

webfact

Insider source: Former director general of police at end of money trail from soapy massage scandal - 300 million baht involved

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily news

An insider source at the Department of Special Investigations told Daily News that a former director general of the Thai police will have to answer questions after 300 million baht was found transferred to him via the owner of Victoria Secret.

The massage parlor and group run by Kamphon Wirathepsuphon is under investigation for human trafficking.

The source said that over a period of time from 2014 the money appeared in the account of the former director general who has not been named. Ten accounts were controlled by Kamphon.

The massage parlor was making 50 million baht a month. Some of the profits went into share dealings. Some ended up in the account of the director general, the source claimed.

Publicly DSI chief Pol Colonel Phaisit Wongmeuang was remaining tight lipped yesterday. He said that no warrant has yet been issued for the director general in connection with the matter and he has yet to answer questions.

But he assured the media and public that the matter will be properly investigated and details would emerge shortly.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-05

As long as they are actually paying their water bill and not using under-aged girls or trafficked foreign workers - then good for them.  Look at Chuvit.  He's the darling of Bangkok.  Even my wife likes him.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Publicly DSI chief Pol Colonel Phaisit Wongmeuang was remaining tight lipped yesterday. He said that no warrant has yet been issued for the director general in connection with the matter and he has yet to answer questions.

"We are waiting for that former Police Director to leisurely flee the country before we are asking a judge to issue a warrant one month later. It's procedure. Special procedure. For this kind of thing. Other things get normal procedure."

50 million/mo is 1,666,666/day (assuming 30 day month).  or 555 served per day assuming 3,000 per service.  as i recall there were 100+ girls working so each served 5 customers per day.  a busy place but seems like the math works.

35 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

I'm sure it was just a loan and he'll pay it back.

No law broken.

No need to pay it back, it was from a friend who has since 'passed away'.  Some people borrow watches, some people borrow money.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that no warrant has yet been issued for the director general in connection with the matter and he has yet to answer questions.

hmmmh, maybe he used the money to help a friend who was in debts. Unfortunately his friend died........(I think it sounds familiar)

8 hours ago, buick said:

50 million/mo is 1,666,666/day (assuming 30 day month).  or 555 served per day assuming 3,000 per service.  as i recall there were 100+ girls working so each served 5 customers per day.  a busy place but seems like the math works.

Yes, we won't factor in the likely money laundering ...