British Columbia to sell recreational marijuana in pot-only stores

webfact

11 hours ago, Denim said:

You should try some of the prize winning skunk coming out of Amsterdam recently.

Even the judges voted it tops since they were unable to construct a long sentance because by the time they got to the end of a sentence they had completely forgotten how the sentence started.

Been there .....done that ......enough already.

Judges?   Got me to thinking:  You know how there are wine tastings.  How 'bout pot samplings?

Couldn't do it here in Thailand, because the laws are still draconian. 

With wine tastings, the participants aren't supposed to swallow (so they don't get drunk?).  With pot sampling, they would have to inhale (sorry, Bill Clinton).  So, with pot, the sampling would have to last as many days (daze?) as there were samples - because it would take about 24 hours for the effects of one type to wane - to be ready to try the next type. 

Numbered samples, of course.  No names, until the winners are announced.  Plenty of corn chips and salsa on hand.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

After 2400+ posts, car720 only has energy for 1 word ambiguous nonsense posts. 

There was a time he could string 5, 6 and sometimes 7 words together coherently.

Flatterer.:cheesy:

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Judges?   Got me to thinking:  You know how there are wine tastings.  How 'bout pot samplings?

Couldn't do it here in Thailand, because the laws are still draconian. 

With wine tastings, the participants aren't supposed to swallow (so they don't get drunk?).  With pot sampling, they would have to inhale (sorry, Bill Clinton).  So, with pot, the sampling would have to last as many days (daze?) as there were samples - because it would take about 24 hours for the effects of one type to wane - to be ready to try the next type. 

Numbered samples, of course.  No names, until the winners are announced.  Plenty of corn chips and salsa on hand.

So next year instead of the Poster of the Year (POTY) contest, we can run the Pot of the Year contest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

After 2400+ posts, car720 only has energy for 1 word ambiguous nonsense posts. 

There was a time he could string 5, 6 and sometimes 7 words together coherently.

I was just practicing my Canadian accent.:post-4641-1156694572:

On 2/6/2018 at 11:48 PM, boomerangutang said:

It brings a grin to my face when I read Canadians in this thread - saying their pot is superior.

It may be (to them).  But if you ask a Jamaican, an Oregonian, a Hawaiian, a Colombian, a Californian, or a Colorado grower, they'll probably say the same about their locally-grown stash.

To really have a handle, a person would have to sample all the types.  Additionally, there are so many specialty types now.  Some are like tranquilizers and nearly put you to sleep, others are like acid trips, while other types of pot are.....  I honestly don't know, but it's fun to read the labels at the shops.

I grew pot in northern California before it was legal.  I never made much more than a few bucks, due to rip-offs and cops.  Oddly, I stopped smoking pot years before I farmed it, and still don't smoke.  It's not my type of high.  Perhaps I'll check it out again, in my senior years.

The 2 main reasons I stopped smoking weed at age 20, was because it was poor quality and it fueled my introverted personality.  Indeed, I only smoked it as a teen because my buddies were always sticking a lit pipe in my face.  Peer pressure.  Though there were a bunch of fun times.  The times I enjoyed pot most, were when I did it with other drugs: alcohol or speed. 

I am not into that nationalistic bragging- it wouldn't be very Canadian, eh?

However, hand on heart I have had this conversation 7-8 times in my life as a Traveler;

Hey, where are you from?

I am Canadian.

I know a bit about Canada, whereabouts?

British Columbia. BC.

BC? As in BC Bud? That stuff is awesome!

Sooooo, I stand by my comments regarding BC Bud!

Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2018 at 10:50 AM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I don't drink beer. Only obese Canadian hockey fans do that.

Men between the ages of 18 to 34 years old will drink an estimated 24.4 percent of beer sold in Canada.
Beer, the most popular alcoholic drink in Canada. In 2015, a survey found that 57 percent of Canadians consumed beer.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/339801/beer-consumption-in-canada-by-gender-and-age-group/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xyznot said:

Men between the ages of 18 to 34 years old will drink an estimated 24.4 percent of beer sold in Canada.
Beer, the most popular alcoholic drink in Canada. In 2015, a survey found that 57 percent of Canadians consumed beer.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/339801/beer-consumption-in-canada-by-gender-and-age-group/

Yes. Thanks for that.

I'm so looking forward to my condo corridors stink of pot.

2 hours ago, Scott said:

It concerns me a little when we have a membership that is so very knowledgeable about pot!   

I am assuming, of course, it's all from reading books!

No, just a long memory back to my heyday 40 years ago.

13 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

Sorry but most Canadians here are too young to remember when the only pot in Canada came from Mexico and we imported hashish from Lebanon, India, Pakistan and or kif from Morocco. I like many others exported it from those countries to Canada, before many of you smoked your first joint. I'm 67 now. My how times have changed $75. For an ounce of good hash.

Do you remember when Thai  weed arrived. Thai stick they used to wrap the bud around a stick. At the time it was the best..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Canadian pot regularly wins or rates very high in Amsterdam competitions. Also Canadian pot is so good it is bartered for cocaine in good old California. When it is good enough to trade for coke it has to be good.

Great.  A pot pissing contest.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

She did hang with the Stones and visited Goa, my home in the early 70's. 

I had a photo of her from a magazine when she was knelling and had no undies on could see the  bush. The photo was published a lot.

57 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Do you remember when Thai  weed arrived. Thai stick they used to wrap the bud around a stick. At the time it was the best..

Exported it from here amongst other things white in the 70's. Took the sticks out to compress..

Edited by Colabamumbai
Not complete