Thai universities fail to match last year’s Asia rankings

webfact

On 07/02/2018 at 5:19 PM, DrTuner said:

The nation is going down the drain in all aspects. I too have taken the decision to up sticks after 10 years, the major factor being crappy education and I got three kids. Destination Singapore.

For their education you couldn’t have made a better choice. Not only the universities but they consistently top the PISA education tables in all 3 categories. 14 years ago I took my 9 year old Thai stepdaughter to uk where she received a good state education and went to a good middle ranking traditional university there. She took advantage of a one year student exchange (free) in her 3rd year at NTU university in Singapore which transformed her. Now with a first class honours degree in business economics she walked straight into a good graduate job in UK. Be advised though that the pressure and workload coupled with the competitive nature of Singapore's students are the polar opposite of Thailand’s laissez faire approach. It will be a culture shock but as long as they are able to adapt to that the opportunities will be second to none. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1