14 foreigners arrested for staying illegally in Thailand

webfact

38 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

Simple. He's a Party Pooper.There's a lot of Victor Meldrew types living in Thailand who are pent on spoiling other people's lives....... :stoner:

victor-meldrew-pic-bbc-512475908.jpg

Nooooooooooo....... I don't beleeeeeeve it! :sorry:

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Happy enough said:

He said five Indians, one Korean and one Myanmar national had been arrested for illegal entry while four Sri Lankans, two Indians and one American had been arrested for overstaying their tourist visas.

Wow, big deal. they held a bloody press conference for that! it is not newsworthy in the slightest. I could take them out for a few hours any day of the week in bkk and bag hundreds if i was a grass 

Hundreds?

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

well not in one bag, but yes, hundreds : )

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

well not in one bag, but yes, hundreds : )

I've been here over 20 years and I don't even know "hundreds" let alone

well enough to know they are overstayers. You must really get around :smile:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ferguston said:

Let's have a crackdown on people staying in Thailand with Retirement Visas obtained from agents using fake bank accounts.

Let's have a genuine crackdown on road trauma!

Guess it must be easier tracking down overstayers. :sad:

6 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Maybe meant crows, but who knows? They certainly do like to crow about their astounding accomplishments.

And so many on tv.com like to crow about the police's crowing -- and do so relentlessly. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Happy enough said:

He said five Indians, one Korean and one Myanmar national had been arrested for illegal entry while four Sri Lankans, two Indians and one American had been arrested for overstaying their tourist visas.

Wow, big deal. they held a bloody press conference for that! it is not newsworthy in the slightest. I could take them out for a few hours any day of the week in bkk and bag hundreds if i was a grass 

seeing as the police sit around doing nothing but looking at facebook most of the time for them actually solving a crime or 14 is a very big deal!

• Sad 1

Probably not worth a press conference, but it sends an important message to other illegals......we're looking for you, get legal or get out.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

If that works for all parties....OK. It wasn't so long ago that our own countries operated similarly, but it's not a good system, so had to be changed.

Thailand is a 'developing country', as all were in the past, and will change in time.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

not sure about that mate. our 'own' countries is a free for all to a certain extent. i like the thai way despite the visa hassles from time to time

21 hours ago, impulse said:

Followed up by crackdowns on other lawbreakers, like those who barfine women, smoke at the beach, feed the fish, drive too fast, settle up fines on the spot and... well, you get the idea. 

Since when has paying a bar fine been an offence?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No Beatles' song went anything like that, neither was a Beatles' song ever titled Imagine.

Ok John Lennon wrote it and it was preformed by the Plastic Ono band. My bad, good catch. But you get my point. Great song by the way.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2018 at 8:04 PM, Happy enough said:

not sure about that mate. our 'own' countries is a free for all to a certain extent. i like the thai way despite the visa hassles from time to time

Every 90 days is a bit more often that time to time. Now the wife never has any hoops to jump through or people to pay off, that's what a civilsed country does for you. No bank accounts where you have to say goodbye to your money, just to live in the sun, play will hiv's and risk your neck on the roads. lovey way to live, who did you upset back home one has to ask.

2 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Every 90 days is a bit more often that time to time. Now the wife never has any hoops to jump through or people to pay off, that's what a civilsed country does for you. No bank accounts where you have to say goodbye to your money, just to live in the sun, play will hiv's and risk your neck on the roads. lovey way to live, who did you upset back home one has to ask.

Why are you on a Thai forum ?

Just to vent your anger ?

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Petchou said:

They still cheating the system and are using false or forged documents, which is criminal.   You can't defend them, maybe you are one of them.   :-)

So, one borrows a sum of money from a wealthy friend or relative and hold it in a bank account for 3 months and then return it once it's achieved its purpose. Where's the harm in that?

So long as one is legally providing for ones self and for ones family, if appropriate, I see nothing wrong with this practise.

And to which false or forged documents are you referring?

Edited by Moonlover
Additional paragraph

On 08/02/2018 at 4:50 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

How does that work?

The 3 month lock-down period make it impractical just to "borrow" the 800K, unless of course they have an insider in the bank also. But, don't they request you to do a little 20 baht transaction the day u apply for the visa?

My guess it involves forgery, and some people here can't see the crime. I guess it is a form of denial, maybe motivated by the TV rul that says one shouldn't promote illegal activity.

12 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

My guess it involves forgery, and some people here can't see the crime. I guess it is a form of denial, maybe motivated by the TV rul that says one shouldn't promote illegal activity.

Could very well be and that is a little worrying, because eventually there will be some knee-jerk reaction adding another layer of rules and regulation that will apply for us law abiding citizens.

Some FB visa service companies claim the 800K is not required and the visa is done in 3 days. Very dodgy.